Sonntag, Juni 25, 2006

Kieler Woche 2006



o.k. the worlds biggest sailing event happend the last week( and happens until today ) and my ottobre jacket was the perfect clothing herefore ( beeing absolutly overdressed with the jacket I wore it yesterday evening and made a nice change to all the girls/women & boys/men in the German/Swedish/*addnationhere* boxy football ( soccer for the US Americans ) shirts )
It is a very big party here in Kiel with lots of possibilities to drink alcohol and party hard BUT it's still a sailing competition.

One of the highlights is the "Windjammerparade" where all the big boats ( ships ) sail out of the Kieler Förde, where I happen to live )
Here are some impressions ( I love to take pictures of "nice textures" so you will have to look at more pictures of stones/water and stuff....



DH likes it too ( T-Shirt Lekala ;) by me )




The water directly under my feet :)



Ships driving by. A sewing sister to stay overnight...
A perfect day!

No sewing though although we discovered that I need to make a fisheyedart into my KNIP WIP pattern and some fabric arrived....

Kommentare:

charlotte hat gesagt…

hope you have a guest in the year 2007, too....*g*

what is a fisheye-dart?

Tini hat gesagt…

I hope so too... maybe the mad hatter likes to come too????

The fisheyedart is a way to reduce to much fabric, that is more ähm elipsenförmig ( oval? marietta? any other native speaker? HEEEEELP ) from a pattern. My dress has a weird fold in the back ( yeah my sway back ) and birka-wirbelwind adviced me to make a fisheye dart next time.
The dress is nearly finished :) Just hemming and I think I'll glue it ;) CHEATING...

Cambric Tea hat gesagt…

Your husband is handsome Tini.
You two are a cute couple!