Freitag, Juni 23, 2006

Knip-Wip part II

Yes, I was busy sewing yesterday. I have to admit, that the pattern is pretty easy. I mean the main part are 2 pieces plus the sleeves plus facing for the lower armscye. Any questions?

I had to change the directions of the darts because my twins are already heading south.


Stupid me has NOT measured the legs of the darts and now they point a lot towards my nipples. *sigh* I'm NOT going to rip them because, following a tipp by Roberta Carr, I changed to a very tiny stitchlength at the end of the dars instead of tying a knot.




This is what the dress looks like so far. I did not buy enough trim to make the belt, so it's just going to be tied in front or back. Else ( my dressform ) is a little broader then me, so it is a little snug on her.

My diet is going well. I had to trace the upper part in size 36 and the lower part in size 40. Darn. I would have prefered 38 all over but I'm not complaining...




I added this embroidery. ( bought from Embroiderylibary. I really recommend them for inexpensive but good motives ) I just bought Embird and will try to use my machine more often, otherwise it was just too expensive....

Kommentare:

Mary Beth hat gesagt…

Pretty embroidery card, Tini! Funny, I just spent 3 hours last night carefully picking out darts (backstitched in tiny stitches, topstitched and serged seams and with high hopes am going to lower the darts and *have professional results* (a girl can dream, right?) I like magnifying glasses bought at the drugstore to do this kind of work (now I have to wear trifocals, sigh) Your dress is lovely for summer.

Karina hat gesagt…

Tini, I like your motive. I have to have a look @ Embroiderylibrary, 'cause I have an embroidery standing about and not the time anymore to punch myself. If you don't use motives repeatetly, designs to buy can be very expensive, so I'll definitely will have a look.
By the way, very nice, simple summer dress!

madhatter hat gesagt…

i like the dress.
a clean, clear shape. very stylish and business-like :)

Marietta hat gesagt…

i sometimes think darts are a 50/50 chance; sometimes pointy sometimes smooth. I have always wanted to go to the kieler woche - but i am usually in southern germnay when i go (btw: motiv heisst motif auf englisch, a motive (anlass?) is something you would have to commit murder ;) i thought it was cute - i make a lot of mistakes auf deutsch, but they are never cute, just stupid ;)

Tini hat gesagt…

Marietta,
Northern Germany is sooooo nice. o.k. I'm very biased when it comes to that but really, Hamburg is amazing & we do have a lot of nice beaches here.
I really love it to hear people speaking German, when they come from abroad. I really think, that most mistakes are cute when made by a foreigner but stupid when made from a native speaker ;) LOL

Marietta hat gesagt…

yeah - well my buddy is from hamburg and very north west german (actually i think he is secretly british) does not think my german mistakes are cute :)