Donnerstag, Juli 27, 2006

Summer: The time of horrible fashion

I like the summer...
really! even if it is hot and I need to drink gallons of water to prevent fainting...
BUT li
fashionwise summer is really tricky for some people.
I mean, I'm not a fashionista or a style star but there are some rules that apply to each of us:
  • don't show your bellybutton unless you are in VERY good shape ( read Janet Jackson when she is fit ) or unless you are wearing a Bikini at the beach/pool. I mean, I really hate to see fluffy stomachs shining in a very bright white in the middle of the shopping street... my tummy is fluffy too but at least my top covers it!
  • buy clothing in your size and not the size you like to have! Do you know the muffin syndrom? the white fluffy tummy spilling over trousers? And the top and the trousers are two sizes too small, so that you look like a sausage? NOOOOO!!!
  • If you colour your toenails, do it on a regular basis, when you are wearing sandals
  • Sunscreen prevents ugly sunburns...
  • Socks and sandals don't belong together. Esp. not with shorts
  • Bikini is nothing to go shopping in
  • Shave your legs, if you are wearing short trousers or skirts. That rule applies to armpits and sleeveless tops too.
  • not a fashion rule but something from a regular user of public transportation: use deo and don't drink alcohol until it is cooler! yukk....

sorry for complaining so much, but I was in the city today and I'm still under shock!

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Oh! I know a few rules, too
Using the shower regularly is not an option, it's a duty!
And yes.. deo is a friend!
Don't use heavy perfume or people faint behind your back.
A large bust, a sloppy bra and a top are a no-go unless you are a hooker.
A large bust and a large print on your chest are not a very good idea.
If you look like a hairy monkey, please wear a shirt!
Shorts that ends just below your butt are not fancy if you are a man.. or a woman of size...

I know what you've seen.. it's pure horror!

Karina hat gesagt…

Yeah Tini, I second that!
No truer word spoken!

Marietta hat gesagt…

kerstin and tini! you are women after my own heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have no idea - especially about the bra thing - i so want to "brassiere-the-world" - and thongs!!!!! not meant to be seen , so pull up your damn pants! - oh i could add to this list for days

of course i have to laugh! the whole socks and sandals thing is a problem that plagues germany :)

Mely5862@aol.com hat gesagt…

Tini, you are so funny. I love the muffin comment. But, I do think Germans dress nicely overall. Maybe the questionable ones were trying for the "American" look?? ha ha.
Melissa in CA

madhatter hat gesagt…

i can sign the thong-thing.
a thong is UNDERwear. you wear it UNDER your trousers.

at least, i´m happy if people DO wear underwear. there´s nothing worse than "swinging twins" under the force of gravity... naturally losing the fight...
don´t let us speak of the other things... O.ô

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Oh yes.. the thongs... and, a very nice alternative, wearing wrong underwear under a white trouser or skirt.
A black thong...
Or the hipsters when you're cowering and they nearly slip of your hips....

Abi hat gesagt…

Tini , too true.The city wasnt London????Might as well have been.Enjoy the weather with censoring sunglasses.
Abi

Marietta hat gesagt…

of course we are americans are so obvious when travelling in europe (except me of course :) - and fianlly got that pedcure so my toes will not emabarrass :)

charlotte hat gesagt…

I especially dislike the tattoo north of the butt we call "arschgeweih". or wearing a white bra under a black seethrough top.
I laughed a lot when I saw a very flatchested woman, she had a tee with the words "sexbomb" over her nonexisting cleavage.

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Or a black bra under a white shirt...

Maybe the sexbomb was a hint? A wish?

Kerstin hat gesagt…

There's another summer thing.. the tan...
Well, I only get freckels when I go into the sun.
Some people get a nice tan, which look just natural.. but some people look like roasted chicken. A deep orange-brown tan and a skin like a very old leather bag.... yuk!

mangetsu hat gesagt…

Hm, I am not sure about the socks and sandals... can look pretty cute, but maybe that depends on the amount of hair on the legs... I second what you mentioned about public transportation and deo/alcohol... as if the heat wouldn't be enough!

Liked what madhatter said about the twins ;-)