Dienstag, Juli 25, 2006

tooo warm to sew

Hi honeybees,

we still enjoy one of the warmest summers of the past few years, so I'm spending a lot of time outside and don't sew much.

I'm still working on 2 retroshorts for my husband. The teal one is already a favourite, so I did cut up some odds and ends :) another meter of fabric gone. The next two are nearly finished. One needs the elastic to be inserted and the legs hemmed and the other needs a chasing added to the top, because I ran short of fabric.

Next projects:
- trace that vintage burda pattern and mail the mag back to mäddi before moving house
- onion, inverted-box-pleat skirt out of some of the grey fabric, that happens to hover around
My friend Maria has opened her shop at www.onionshop.com, so if you want these patterns, you can get them there, if you can't get them locally ( as I do )
- Trousers, I have the septembre patrones from 2005 and there are 2 patterns I'd love to try
- jacket ( fleece)
- babyquilt....*cough**cough**cough*

Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Tini, baby quilt eh????
Is there something important we need to know?

Maria hat gesagt…

Hey Sweetie

The link is wrong... the right is

www.ShopOnion.com (not the other way around :-))

Hugs

Tini hat gesagt…

re Babyquilt...
http://tininaeht.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_tininaeht_archive.html

My best friend is pregnant and I haven't worked on the quilt since uhm may...

madhatter hat gesagt…

spending time OUTSIDE? O.o
i´m still hoping for some rain and a temperature lower than 25°... makes me sick...
but - as long as it takes: ENJOY! ;)
i´ll stay inside the house.

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Nice to-do list.. I've tried to sew yesterday... it wasn't good. Ironing is murder! And then, after I've cut the seam allowance, I noticed, that one of my collar edges is too long. *gnarf*
There was a thunderstorm this morning, but the temperatures didn't fall. It just got thundery and oppressive.

Tini hat gesagt…

mäddi, I live about 5 minutes from the baltic sea....
First there is the water about 23° Celsius warm plus a nice sandy beach...
Heaven :) and we do have a nice breeze here too... I'll post some pictures...
First thing on my list is done. I traced the pattern ( this morning before leaving for work ) :)
Mäddi can you send me a pm or email with your adress again...
so, back to the sewing machine an finishing the retro shorts and work on the babyquilt for Dfriend...

Tini hat gesagt…

here is a pic
http://daily-dose.de/travel-spotguides/spotdatenbank/deutschland/kielstrande-02.jpg

or go to
www.ostseebad-strande.de