Freitag, August 25, 2006

I finished my shapeless sack


patronesjacke
Originally uploaded by tini naeht.

Do you say sack in English?
This was supposed to be a very stylish comfy fleece jacket and it became a shapeless or better wrinkle dinkle thing with sleeveseams that hit my mid elbow...
o.k. this IS a kind of muslin but I really don't like the style on me.
The pattern is from the september patrones 2005 model 68.
Maybe it's just not suitable for fleece, which is kind of stretchy... or maybe it is too big in itself? I choose a size 44 because it matched my waist and hip measurements pretty well and size 40 was a lot smaller....
I need an adjustment for narrow shoulders ( which I don't need in ottobre patterns or vogue or everything else except for Neue Mode)

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

This looks really baggy. Did they suggest any fabric?
It's not all the fabrics fault, fleece is a bit soft and stretchy, if you had used felt, it might look better. But the creases at your breast are not only from the fabric. The jacket looks far too wide for me. More suitable for a C oder D Cup.

madhatter hat gesagt…

to me it seems that this pattern was meant to be sewn from a woolen/felted fabric without stretch, hm?!?
and---44? are you kidding? make it a 40 and adjust waist/hip width. couldn´t be so much to adjust, as it looks *very* wide around hip and waist in this picture...

Gigi hat gesagt…

I too think you'd be better off with a 40 and adjusting the waist and hip. You are so tiny - a 44 is much too large on you! So happy that your checkup went well. :-)

Mary Beth hat gesagt…

I'm glad you've not tried to use the "shoulder flange" trick I posted at TSD with this fabric...it would have been too thick to make a nice pleat and you probably would have looked like your sack had grown shoulder wings! I agree, better to just "let it gooooo" :)
mb

Marietta hat gesagt…

you are so not a 44!!! you are a tiny tini :) and yes - sack auf english - like saeckel...love your new blog look!