Sonntag, August 13, 2006

sewing again

thanks to Jodi again for the package :)
It made me sewing again :)
I have finished 3 more blogs for the baby quilt
- Sheila the Sheep
- Edgar the Elephant
and
- Emil, the Elk :)
( Pictures will follow :) )

Now, the only one left is Rocco, the rooster

Knittingwise I have made progress with my socks ( picture will follow too ),
so I'm already planning new adventures.
Lacey socks... only problem is: I can't knit lace
Thedera is the pattern of my choice by knitty
Does anyone know a "how to knit lace for dummies"?

Und nun hoffe ich, dass Julimond diesen Eintrag auch liest, denn
Iris kann wirklich super stricken :)
http://julimond-strickt.de/
Vielleicht kann Iris ja in ihrem Blog mal ein step by step posten :)

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

this lace pattern is pretty easy. need a translation? (though i don´t think so...).
as for the *lace*, i can help. but don´t ask me about heels *freakout*...

share some pics when you´re finished! :)

iris(julimond) hat gesagt…

Huhu Tini

Julimond hat diesen Beitrag gelesen und hat diese socken nicht gestrickt.es gibt eine deutsche übersetzung(du kannst doch perfekt englisch?) einer bloggerin mit genehmigung(soviel ich weiß).
hier:
http://wollball.de/images/kunde/PDF/pdf/Hedera.pdf

und das ist der blog dazu:
http://wollball.de/?what=thema&tid=5

Heike kann dir bestimmt super weiterhelfen, wenn es klemmt. Ansonsten muß ich es versuchen.

liebe grüße iris
und heißen dank für dein kompliment. da werd ich ja gleich einen kopf größer.;-)))

karin hat gesagt…

I knitted Hedera in black so when I was taking photos of them they just show something black in shape of a foot.
Knitting lace is not that hard it´s about knitting two stitches together and making and increasing.
Hedera is a good beginner sock, the pomatamous is on the other hand even hard to say the name...
I borrowed as you seen on my blog " a gathering of lace" and it´s absolutely beatiful

Abi hat gesagt…

http://www.knittingbeyondthehebrides.org/lace/index.html
A great primer for lace knitting.Would be happy to send via email a couple of good articles.Go on , you can do it.

Tini hat gesagt…

heels are no problem, as I knit socks since I was 16 :)
even though the way I knit heels might not be the most gorgeous part
I have never knitted lace and I do easy stuff like knit & purl and
maybe some cables but ( sorry to post in German but my knitting English needs to improve too...)
was sind bitte verschränkte Maschen? Umschlag?

I guess I just need to try it but first finish the simple other socks ( just plain socks but
with a build in motiv yarn )

Abi, I'll check your link :)

Iris, sieht man sich sonst in Aaachen, dann könnte ich dich mit fragen löchern :)

btw: Rocco the rooster is done.... I'll embroider the faces tomorrow :)

iris(julimond) hat gesagt…

bei mir steht aachen auf dem plan, diesmal laße ich es mir nicht entgehen. ich freue mich schon.

lg
iris