Mittwoch, September 20, 2006

congress and stress ( plus need fashion advise )

Hi folks,

I'm pretty stressed out.
Our house is still chaotic. Today my DBIL put up our mirrors and the last lamps.
It seems one got broken during the moving plus one mirror came off the wall and broke due to not-stickyness of the things that are supposed to hold the plate where you insert the screw ( bought that for that purpose.... so I already complained )

Plus my Granny-in-law gave us a couple of kilos of plums ( my dils are on vacation and she does not know how to cope with all that stuff ), so I made cinnamon-plum peserve today ( takes around 4-5 hours in the oven ). 2 kg of plums and a kilo of sugar gave 5 glases of preserve ( or jam or whatever ).... sorry that I can't send you the smell....
( or a pic, blogger is acting up again )


I finished my onion 3027 skirt which is a 6 panel skirt with 6 inserted godets. I made it up in a size 40 although my waist ( huh? waist? where are you ) said to make a size 42 but with so many seams I figured out, that I could have let out the waist a bit...
SIze 40 fits without alterations.
I used a raspberry coloured poly thing I got at Walthamstow market during the last euro-pr-weekend for very little money.
The English instructions that you can get from shoponion.com are o.k. but for the godets I used the technique explained at http://www.sewnsushi.de ( German only )

I should not have hemmed it by machine but by hand though. The fabric withstands nearly all attemps of pressing.... argh...

And now my fashion question.

Can I wear this combo to the Hobbyschneiderin fashion show? I mean as a model?
The skirt will be shown but I don't know what to combine with it. So I thought of my white LMB blouse. or maybe my blue one? If I can find it... of course I won't wear a dark bra then...

sorry no better pics...

Please let me know your opinions ( I'll leave friday morning ).

Plus please keep your fingers crossed, that I'll finish the hand out for the class I'm giving ( must be mad ) today :)

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

I like the combination of the white blouse and the red skirt. Looks a bit like "clean chic".

Neefer hat gesagt…

I think the shirt and skirt look great together.

Abi hat gesagt…

Understated Chic.Lurv it

Anonym hat gesagt…

Wonderful! Love the neckercheif!


Kelly/Cambric Tea