Montag, Dezember 04, 2006

pattern company jacket and burda pair of trouser

here is my review for the jacket at artisan's square
and this is the pair of trousers
burda 11.2001 no 111
why is the quality so bad? huh?
the waist is dipping at the front and the trousers are frowing. Any hints on how to alter the pattern are welcome! I need to dig out my pants for real people and the zillion thread mags I own...
I swear I did not wear the shirt INTO the trousers today, that was just to show the "waistband"
Dear burda mag, note that 5 cm of bias binding (s.a. of 1.5 cm each included) will not result in a waistband where you uhm me can not add a good buttonhole or a button.

Reviews will follow....
the pattern is no 111 from the burda 11.2001 mag

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Difficult *scratch* Maybe the front waist is too low? Raise it 1 - 1.5 cm higher...
Don't make a bias binding waistband, make a shaped waistband ( Formbund? Öhhhhh...).
And the front part of your thighs might need a litte space. Add 0,75 to 1 cm to the front leg.
Well, it's Burda.. you know.. *umm*

Kerstin hat gesagt…

And please... don't EVER stuff your shirt into your pants! *fg*