Donnerstag, Januar 04, 2007

gimme chocolate, cake, alkohol, coffee, SOMETHING

to ease the pain of hitting my head to the tabletop....

I'm making the most boring thing sewingwise in the world: sewing curtains. Something I really really try to avoid at all costs...

So I turned over the s.a. on both long edges twice, pressed everything twice and topstiched them in place, all the 24 meter, cut 2 of the curtains from the 12 meter of fabric and wanted to add hangers out of fabric now and what do I have to discover?

I turned one of the s.a. to THE WRONG SIDE... now I do have to rip 12 meter of seam and re-do it....

I'm soooo p...ed...

AND DH's comment: "Oh, I thought things like that wouldn't happen after 12 years of sewing experience....!" made me beeing p...ed even more.... but he is still alive... barely....

Kommentare:

charlotte hat gesagt…

hope you have the fabric now? sorry not to have included chocolate...
I made the same mistake you describe here, but I didn't rip the seam, I cut it off. I couldn't rip, cause I glued the seams....

Katrin hat gesagt…

Hi Tini,

I also really hate sewing curtains - I feel with you.
Good luck for DH that you didn´t struggle him with the curtains ;-).
But I am sure, you will make it!

Greets,
Katrin

Anonym hat gesagt…

Take away his WOW Game... let him suffer... *ggg*

I've sewn a zipper in the wrong seam lately.. instead of the top I sewed it to the bottom... *gnaaaaaaaaarf*
Kerstin

madhatter hat gesagt…

so, i think you just desperately NEED the sign, don´t you?!

shit happens. and - it could have been worse, remember.