Mittwoch, Januar 17, 2007

NY Challenge: The AAAARGH state of life

Hi honeys,

yes, I'm still working on my NY Challenge project piece no. 1 ( out of 3 btw...) and it drives me nuts..
First, after having the house full of in-laws I sewed the thing so far, that I could try it on and I instantly hated it... The welt ( o.k. kind of welt) pockets are pocking out, there are humps and bumps all over the place due to using fabric with a lycra or elastan or so content... stretchy... yupp...
argh

then I had envisioned something very different from the description. Why can't I stay with tried and true patterns? huh?

Some sewing sisters ensured me, that it is mostly me beeing overcritical :) maybe I'm just freaking out ;) So I wanted to start lining that thingy but first I justed a broomstick to try to iron out the seams again... and while tryining the piece on I managed to pull the zipper pull out of the zipper, which I had shortened... AAAAAAAAARGH...
Now I spend around 15 minutes to get that darn thing back in... yeah...

I need to finish that one soon ( it was one of the more easier things of my ensemble...) the other fabrics have spend their time in the washing machine today, so I can start on no.2 over the weekend (hopefully). But now I will line no. 1... Mary Beth, sorry I don't think I need more of the fabric. I'm happy to have found a use for it ;)


Re: Monkey socks
Marietta told me that the upper part of the sock is the cuff. Thanks! Still learning new words ( please let me know, if I'm writing absolut nonsense here. See English is still my second language not my native tongue and I started my Danish classes ( 4th language btw.) on monday again. Jeg hedder Christina eller tini og jeg bor i Dänischenhagen... :)
The cuff is in German: Schaft oder Bein

So I finished the cuff on sock no. 2 and hopefully will finish the sock over the weekend or during the next week. I decided to knit no.2 before frogging no.1 to check if I like the foot knitted on size 2.5 dpn ( double pointed needles ;) in German Nadelspiel ) better than knitted on size 3 dpn.

I'm already thinking about the next pair out of
Prego in teal-blue
any suggestions on patterns?
I was thinking about knitting Jaywalkers but I'm open to everything ;) now that I can knit lace ;)

back to that darn challenge thing...

Kommentare:

Annika hat gesagt…

Oh I HATE making welt pockets! They are the bane of the western world! Sorry to hear about your zipper fiasco - you must be super-patient to have gotten it to work again. Keep sewing - maybe it's some sort of temporary astrological misadventure we suffering right now, like Mercury being in retrograde or there being a lack of negative ions in the atmosphere or some such...
I just can't get motivated to work on the Smoking Jacket I am making for my friend Marcus...

charlotte hat gesagt…

I have problems with my new york vest. I have altered the side seams three times - still they poke out like a ballet-costume. may I ask someone for help? for instance a fellow blogger???

funny: I do a lot of crochet to flee from the sewing probs. in german you could call that "übersprungshandlung" - no idea for an english word.

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Procrastination? No welt pockets for me.... we hate each other. ;)

madhatter hat gesagt…

not even started the challenge project. babyquilt for my friend comes first, but there´s lots of time left, right? *g*

as for the socks: jaywalkers are cool, i thought about them, too, but i also love rpm by knitty. think those will work out beautifully with your choice of yarn!

maria hat gesagt…

Hey Sweetie (long time since we talked! Miss you!)

In danish a cuff would be "skaft" or "ben".. see not that hard to learn :-)

Hugs to all of you!