Montag, Januar 22, 2007

Productive weekend... the monkeys are out...

Hej you readers out there...

I have been super productive over the weekend. I took a day off from work and slept in on friday, then went to get a massage ( yeah!) then did some serious shopping ( interesting things like grocery stuff and detergent...) and then baked 2 cakes.I spend the evening ballroom dancing as our local university had their big ball this weekend. Lesson learned: no trains on dancing gowns.... got to have my gown altered (*cough*)


Saturday: Cleaning the house and having guests for a cup of coffee ( and the pear-tiramisu cake and the lemon pound cake... sorry no pics) and in the evening I lined NY challenge part one ex. for the handstitching.


Sunday: day off :) spend the day finishing the handstitching on NY no.1 ( still need to hem...) and knitted the second monkey sock. I even managed the Kitchener stitch very well...
SO here is the pic BEFORE





I thought: yeah, the right one is a lot bigger than the left ( the right one was knitted on size 3 dpn and the left one on size 2.5 dpn)


so I ripped the foot of the right sock and started knitting again ( I have watched the whole "pride and prejudice" dvd during that ( the 270 minute version ) and this is my pair of monkey socks now


then I learned my Danish vocabularies and went to the movies to see "das Parfum" great movie! But I already knew the book :) so I knew what to expect...

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

You've struggled in vain for your socks? Cool!
Is it the German or the English Version of P&P? ( The English Version is longer.... they've cut over half an hour... blasphemie!)
Cool socks.. I'm still knitting the wool of the Paris pack... stockinette stitch.. how boring.

Mary hat gesagt…

Tini, those socks look great. Too bad you have to do one over. I love that color combination.

Katrin hat gesagt…

what a nice crafting weekend you had!
I really like the socks you made!
And it is really good to hear that you´ve received good news.

Cheers,
Katrin7

madhatter hat gesagt…

yay for the monkeys, they look good! (okay, the bigger one *really* is bigger, and i feel with you for ripping it!)
but, damn! you knit fast! it took me *days* to finish one.... not to speak of ripping... *sigh*

Tini hat gesagt…

mäddi, frogging the sock took me 2 minutes....
I commute around 45 minutes by bus each way, so that gives me a lot of knitting time :)

Annika hat gesagt…

Yay for the monkies! Love the patterning - it looks a bit like entrelac. You do knit fast! Also pear tiramisu cake??? Yummy!! Can I have the recipe please? In Deutsch or in English - I'll figure it out!