Donnerstag, Februar 15, 2007

Another fine day at the hospital

yeah... spend another day ( o.k. half of the day ) at the hospital. Not that beeing with the docs took the  
3 hours I spend there.... nope, I spend most of the time waiting.
(Everything is alright although they decided I should spend another half day there in 6 months AGAIN)

But I had my knitting needles with me and I started knitting some Jaywalkers. Yes, I did
cast the stitches on at the hospital...

And this is how far I came today



I knitted around 15 cm. I'm not a fast knitter but this pattern is sooooo easy and my wool is pretty thick. It is a "designer yarn"... a very fancy term for just a couple of threads wound into a ball...
Here you can see a pic at www.wollbox.de. I was afraid that the not-twisted-yarn would be a mess to knit with but until now it is o.k.
Instead of 76 stitches I did cast on 68 stitches because my gauge was so much off and I already knit with size 2.5 dpn. I like the design so far. I hope I do not encounter any fitting problems as I have read on various boards. I think, that another pair in a self-striping wool will be cool as soon as I finish knitting some more from stash...
The yarn is from stash. Julimond suggested that we make a knit-from-your-stash and I just have the yarn for the peppermint-twist top and a lot of socks in my stash, so you will see some more socks soon.

Kommentare:

Tany hat gesagt…

I hope everything is allright with you Tini... I hate hospitals (as much as everybody, I guess) I know it's hard just having to go there, harder spending that much time waiting...

Tini hat gesagt…

Tany, I have to go to check-ups every so often. At the moment I have to go to the clinic twice a year to get a mamogramm and a sonogramm. That is very o.k. with me. Going to these checks is so important because early detected most kinds of cancer are curable.