Sonntag, Februar 25, 2007

I'm pretty sad...

I just got an email from another participant of my NY challenge telling me, that she would be able to participate anymore. So far 4 of the 7 participants bailed out and I haven't heard anything from chopsew in ages ( She's not blogging at the moment and I hope that she is o.k. ).
I'm not mad at anybody, I can understand all of you but still I'm sad. This was supposed to be fun, fun to see what everybody was coming up with and to be honest, the rules wasn't that strict and the amount of time was not small (  3 months ) and now just 3 of us ( incl. me ) will finish our projects...

So I decided to see this as a kind of failure and I will never host anything like this again. I'll give a gift to Charlotte and Adam if they finish their projects in time a gift ( chosen by me ;) ) and will post a pic of my project next week...

o.k. I now will go onto my couch and will pout there. Again I'm not mad, I can understand you but still I'm sad and feel like I have failed...

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

DU hast wirklich keinen fehler gemacht, und die idee an sich war wirklich schön, sonst hätten wir doch nicht gleich alle "hier" geschrien, oder?!
um es für meine person zu sagen: der zeitrahmen war machbar, ebenso die vorgaben. mit beidem habe ich einfach probleme.
trotzdem bin ich gespannt, was von den durchhaltern geboten wird.

KayBee hat gesagt…

Och Tini, I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you and I can feel your dissapointment.
Don't see it as a failure, since participation as almost 43%! I've never hosted a challenge myself, but I can imagine that this percentage would be an average. It's just looking so bad since there were only 7 people participating in the first place.
Don't give up! And I'm really looking forward to see all the results!

charlotte hat gesagt…

I worked on my skirt today and it is almost finished. needs just more embellishment.
I consider my blouse an absolut nogo, since it was the wrong fabric, which I noticed too late. I will sport another b/w blouse with the skirt, but its not from the sas fabric. sorry for that.

you see everything, I can't wear this see-through blouse. I will dye it or paint it later, but not for this challenge.

the jeans vest I made is not to my satisfaction, it's all the wrong pattern for my figure. but I made something else from my stash, one fabric was allowed.

my computer with all the fotos is still with mr. bluesman and I think I will be late with photos and blog.


I wanted too much and now I am too late. but that's absolutely not your fault.

hint: today I added an about 50 year old embellishment to my skirt

Tany hat gesagt…

Oh, Tini, I'm so sorry! I know exactly how you must be feeling... Don't give up It's not your fault... I'm looking forward to see the results too!

Lisa Laree hat gesagt…

(Oh goodie! I guessed right! I only know a few words of German and I hoped that meant 'add comment')

Tini, don't feel sad! That's about the same...or maybe even more...percentage as completion as Julie has with the SWAP competitions. Lots of people have good intentions; not so many have good follow through. And life happens. You did a good thing to organize the challenge and get others involved! ;)

Summerset hat gesagt…

Don't be upset. The mighty oak grows from a tiny acorn.

adam hat gesagt…

I finished the big part today. Unfortunately theres only one fabric used by Sas - the other is not yet started nore finished - But I´ll do it! Today I can´t show pictures but I hope tomorrow.
You did nothing wrong! I believe that someday all of us finish a challenge *G*
greets
Adam