Hi folks ( and dear secret pal),
I'm attending the secret pal 10. A first time for me, but since I become more and more addicted to knitting ;)
So here it comes:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
mmh, I'm mostly a sock knitter. I wasn't allowed to knit for longer periods of time for around 3 yrs. and just have come back to knitting bigger times again. I love natural fibres like cotton, silk or wool and I'm a sock-yarn addict.
I don't like fuzzy yarns like Brazilia though...
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
For my knitting needles and dpn I have made a kind of crude bag (will post pic soon)
and for my circulars I have a "Moppe" from Ikea
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My mum taught me how to knit when I was 9, so some time has passed ( I will be 31 in April) but I just recently learned how to knit lace. I'm an advanced beginner so to say :)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
At the moment "le bain" from Joop. I like vanilla but also love everything orangy/citrus like
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, although I'm not allowed to eat chocolate ( o.k. there is chocolate I can eat, but that has to be specific chocolate) otherwise I love caramel and wine-gums.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm a sewing addict ( as you can see when browsing this blog) but I also like to work outside in the garden, bake, made preserves ( I don't eat much marmelade but DH does). I do own a drop spindle but can't use it...
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love U2, "new metal", hard rock, alternative 90s, medivial"rock", loreena mckennit, women with full voices like christina aguiliera ( or however that is written). I really don't like listen to country music, women singing like gwen stefani and schlager...
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue/teal/bordeaux/purple... you got the scheme
I like yellow but can't wear it as well as all yellowish colours(including all autumn colours)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Happily married, aunt to 3 cool kids :) And I'm the host of 2 adorable cats, who are
already soooo close to the heart
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes/yes/yes and big NO... Ponchos and me are just don't match
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm knitting on a not-twisty peppermint twist pullover by Debbie Stroller from
the stitch 'n bitch book
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
oooooh I LOVE to.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I knit on all kinds of needles. I prefer wooden needles though..
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knittingwise? I don't have one. The ufo I had I recently ripped and now I'm knitting the pullover from it.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
mmh, hard question. I like all hallows eve and christmas but I love easter too or
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Threads magazine... I do own around 70 mags now :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I love to have a vogue knitting or an interweave knitting since I can't get them here... I do not have any knitting mag subscriptions...
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Making cables without cable needle.
Toe up socks
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yupp ( see above) I have to measure my foot... I wear a size 40 European size
23. When is your birthday?
8th of april :)