o.k. please don't envision dried kiwis here.
We are still speaking "yarn". The yarn for chopsewy is dried and I have spend some long time winding it today and yesterday and the yarn is yummy. I love it.
I hope Sabine (chopsewy) will knit a swatch soon, so I can see how it will knit up. I used a different technique this time and different dye:
1. The wool:
Möller Garn "Marathon" in Wool & Polythings ;)
Please don't ask me about the yardage per 50gr.
I dyed 100g to be enough for a pair of socks
2. The dye:
Easter egg dye ( the cold dye stuff ) in red & yellow
Food colouring (Schwartau)
Kool Aid in "Mandarine"
I used the Easter egg dye and the Kool Aid first "pure" and with a little left in the bucket I just added other colours of Food colouring to get different shades of orange and the red Easter egg dye just turned kind of pink.
The green is pure Food colouring :)
3. The method
I used the cold pour method from the spring 07 Knitty article where I got the inspiration for using the green with all the shades of red & oranges.
I even used my table to wind the skein, which was kind of exhausting and even with the wrapped thru waste yarn ( undyed! ) I had some problems with winding the skein.
And here it is in all its glory :)
and now my random pic
This is glass-art seen in the V & A museum in London during last years pattern review weekend :)