Sonntag, April 01, 2007

Secret Pal 10

Hi everybody,

as some of you might remember I participate in the Secret Pal 10 exchange ( for the elf and the battle-darf as well as the madhatter WICHTELN international ;) GRINS).

My secret pal is commenting my blog frequently. How cool is that ;) I'm waving SP :) ( sorry can't insert waving images...) and my spoilee and I exchange emails frequently, so that I can get to know her better. That is really fun and makes it a lot easier to pack a package. I hope she likes what I put in her first package :)

Bobbi, my SP-hostess challenged us with a little contest, so here are her questions:

1) How old were you when you learned how to knit?
I think I was around 9. My Mum used to knit a lot and I remember making my Dad a sleeveless sweater ( we call them Pullunder) in 2 different shades of grey with a purl/knit pattern she made up while knitting. I wanted to knit something for my Barbies, so I bet her to teach me and I don't know how long it took me to get the knack of it but I remember knitting my first sweater for me at 14 or 15. In fact it was a cardigan. Not knowing about gauge it was waaaaaay too wide and could have fit a pregnant elefant easily :) Before that I knitted squares and sewed them together for my Barbie :)
My first sock was knit when I was 18 :)

2) Who taught you?

My mum. She must have been pretty patient because of my relative young age :) My Grandma though really discouraged me by critize my cardigan mentioned above, so that I nearly decided to put away the pointy sticks FOREVER but since my Mum yelled at her like mad I stuck to it :)

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

There's an international gnome conspiracy? God help us!

Bobbi hat gesagt…

Another young knitter. Boy, do I feel old! Thanks for playing.