If you are reading at artisanssquare.com or at hobbyschneiderin.de you have seen my attempts on fitting the burdadress 107 from the
I did a lot of different alterations to the pattern to try to get a decent fit.
Most of them did not work :(
See pics here and here. Or at my flickr album
But here is what I did in the end:
letting out the seam over the bust 0.7cm on each seam
Adding 1.5 cm to the front
letting out the seam by 1.4 cm total over the hips and taking it in a little at the waist
and here it was getting tricky
I took in the CB at the waist a little because if I took it in further I got wrinkles
I let out the CB over the hip around 1 cm
I lowered the right hip because it seems I do have uneven hips
A horizontal tuck of about 1.5 cm to take it in a little ( I did get a forward swung side seam so this was neccesary...) and for the next dress to be cut I will lengthen the pattern ;) SMILE.
I think I'll need some darts in the back but DH isn't the best fitting partner although he really tries to help. Thanks Heiko :) I love you, although you don't read my blog ;)
I also altered the sleeve but I'm running out of time till monday morning, when all dresses should be cut. I decided that I won't be able to fit another pattern, so I'll cut the pink linen now with the same pattern! And the white fabric will get an all over print :)
And here is my newest toy ( take this as a parting shot ;) )