Montag, Mai 14, 2007

2. SP 10 Group contest

Hi,

my SP 10 hostess Bobbi has challenged us with another contest, so here's my questionaire

With the weather turning warmer, many of you are thinking of traveling (though some of you have just returned, you can play along).

1) What do you pack to knit?

Socks! Easy to carry around and still a challenge if you choose a complicated pattern.
If I go by car, than I would just take my current project with me, but since I'm mostly flying, I would go for the socks.
And I would make sure, that I can carry my dpn with me onboard before trying to check in. Or I would cast on with some not so expensive bamboo needles and hope for the best...

and 2) What do you hope to shop for?
Assume that you will be gone for ten days to someplace "foreign" that is known for having great knitting locations. (Bonus: Where would you go on a "knitting holiday"?)

I would love to go to "Stitches" someday, so I would shop for that Seashell wool, some Lisa Souza, some handspun sock yarn, Cookie A. patterns, Interweave knits, vogue knitting mag and all the stuff I can't get here and I can get A LOT of stuff locally ( Lana grossa, Gedifra, Regia, Filati, online....)
Or sewing notions, that are unusual, like my Sömömeter I got from Denmark ( Available thru www.shoponion.com)

Kommentare:

Annika hat gesagt…

definitely socks! Probably fairisle patterned made up by me as I go along. My ideal knitting holiday would be to New Zealand... or perhaps the Andes in South America...I love alpaca wool...

Bobbi hat gesagt…

I'll be at Stitches Midwest in August. I'll look at it with new eyes since it's so easy for me to get to and you are wishing to be there.