Donnerstag, Mai 31, 2007

Corset Part V: Dive into embellishments

As mentioned this step is inspired by Summerset, who without knowing safed the project!



After sewing all the channels to the backing I wanted to move on and baste the top to the backing to see how much I needed to cut off and then I discovered that I made a bad bad bad mistake. I had cut of too much of the s.a. of the bust inserts and there it was: A HOLE...

gnarf


so, what to do?
I'm reading Summersets blog every time she posts something new (love bloglines!) and although I don't like frills and stuff, I like her way of embellishing her stuff and do you remember? Annika send me a book called "Embellished chic", so there it was.
I was to use sequins on my corset (and for the first time ever!) But first I needed to stabilize the corset somehow (or close the hole...) so I ironed a piece of fusible interfacing on


Next I bought black sequins, red rocaille pearls and invisible thread (by madeira) and sewed the sequins to the top fabric by threading the thread thru the hole in the sequin and then thru the pearl and back thru the sequin again, so it looks like this
and splattered them in groups of 3 all over the corset and this is how it looks now

Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

wow, what a save. and it looks gorgeous!!! --your sp10

Summerset hat gesagt…

Wow, did I inspire that great of a save? Good for you! It looks great - what a neat way, if unplanned, to add some beads and sequins.

Annika hat gesagt…

Serendipitous art! Fantastic idea - it looks great (and intentional!)

charlotte hat gesagt…

yeah, sometimes a mistake brings in some new art. looks great. go, tini, go.

Isabelle hat gesagt…

It's looking great! Love the way your corset is turning out. Sometimes creative mistakes are the best thing that may happen to a project.

madhatter hat gesagt…

don't hate me, but I just love the way it looks now - the mistake was no mistake but a "happy little accident"!

Tany hat gesagt…

Wow, it looks great Tini!!!

Saskia hat gesagt…

Tini, it looks great and not at all perlenbärig!