Mittwoch, August 08, 2007

Secret pal 11 questionaire

o.k. I couldn't resist to sign up for the next sp :) after having a real great time with sp10 ;)

Here comes my questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I think it is superwash merino :) but I'm open to most stuff, as long as it is not a novelty yarn like fun fur or really acrylic yarn... you know that cheapo deapo stuff :)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I've sewn a needle holder and have a "moppe" box from ikea for my circular needles.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned around the age of 9, knitted my first real sweater at 13, so that is around 18 yrs of knitting but I'm really knitting since I was 17. I took a 7 yr. break though (due to my docs suggestions) and came back to knitting around a year ago :)
But I'm still an intermediate knitter ;)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

yes I do have an Amazon list....

5. What's your favorite scent?

Everything citrus or mango or fruit (but not tooo candyish...)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Def. but chocolate is a bit of a problem, because I get migraines from chocolate except if the chacao content is over 60% and there is no soy lecithin in there...
But I love toffee, licorice, gummi bears....

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Sewing, sewing,sewing
Gardening
fabric stamping with wooden stamps
Yarn dyeing

I do have a drop spindle but I think, spinning is just not for me...

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love rock music/hard rock/heavy metall like stone sour, linkin park, subway to sally, the fray but also Robbie Williams ;)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Blue, teal, green, bright cool colours or muted cool colours like like pink. I look aweful in anything
that is earth toned like orange, brown....

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with 2 psycho cats :)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves, hats, mittens YES but ponchos NOOOOO

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks, but I just started knitting lace (got 2 books on that already to get me hooked ;) )

13. What are you knitting right now?

A baby kimono for my sister in law, who is expecting and a shawl from "Victorian Lace Today"

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

ooooh yessss

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circs for bigger projects
dpn for socks
but always Bamboo or aluminium.... no plastic please!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I do own a yarn winder but no swift....

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I do have 2 WIPs (see above) but I don't have any knitting ufos (sewing ufos is a different thing though...)

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Fabric and patterns ;)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

About books: see my amazon list
I do love all the pattern from the sexy knitters club
and just have the simple knitted bodice. All cookie A. patterns would be on my list too ;)
As for yarns: anything I can't get here plus stuff from the German indie dyers like Wollmeise or Tausendschön!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Toe-up socks and colourwork in knitting!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, def.!
My foot is 24.5 cm long and the widest part is 23.5 cm

23. When is your birthday?

in April
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

yes and I'm tini there too :)

1 Kommentar:

xharlotte hat gesagt…

have to admit that I really don't know what a secret pal is....