Here are some pictures
As usual: to enlarge the pic, click onto it :)
The pattern is a burda WOF pattern ( no. 107 from the 12/2004 issue )
Size used: 38, morphing into size 40 around the hips
Fabric: 100% linen, that I got at a coop sale (from Ressy ;) ) printed with wooden stamps from Blauweisschen this year, the lining is a rayon from my stash
As you might remember I made a couple of different alterations:
- I let out the seam that goes across the bustline and made a sway back alteration.
- I tried to modify the pattern for a high hip ( not enough as it seems)
- I altered the sleeve pattern to make room for my upper arms and took out a bit because it was puffy, now there are still weird wrinkles
- two darts were added to the back because of my sway back/full bootie ;)
AND THERE IS THE LINING PEAKING OUT AT THE NECKLINE
ooh yes, I did add lining :) thought it might be sensible to line a linen dress :)
The dress is not perfect and it was a struggle to finish it for some reasons beyond my knowledge. I'm happy that it is finished and I will wear it despite the flaws! I hope to get my mojo back, now that it is done!