Samstag, August 11, 2007

Summerdress(es): Finally one done

o.k after a lot of procastination and fiddeling, I'm done with dress no. 1 and to be honest, I'm still not completely satisfied esp. with the sleeves and with the back of the dress

Here are some pictures
As usual: to enlarge the pic, click onto it :)




The pattern is a burda WOF pattern ( no. 107 from the 12/2004 issue )
Size used: 38, morphing into size 40 around the hips
Fabric: 100% linen, that I got at a coop sale (from Ressy ;) ) printed with wooden stamps from Blauweisschen this year, the lining is a rayon from my stash

As you might remember I made a couple of different alterations:

- I let out the seam that goes across the bustline and made a sway back alteration.
- I tried to modify the pattern for a high hip ( not enough as it seems)
- I altered the sleeve pattern to make room for my upper arms and took out a bit because it was puffy, now there are still weird wrinkles
- two darts were added to the back because of my sway back/full bootie ;)

AND THERE IS THE LINING PEAKING OUT AT THE NECKLINE

ooh yes, I did add lining :) thought it might be sensible to line a linen dress :)

The dress is not perfect and it was a struggle to finish it for some reasons beyond my knowledge. I'm happy that it is finished and I will wear it despite the flaws! I hope to get my mojo back, now that it is done!

Kommentare:

bockstark.knits hat gesagt…

WOW, it looks GREAT!!! It looks perfect to meeeee!

Summerset hat gesagt…

It turned out nicely! Don't worry about the imperfections - most of them only you will know about!

I do love the stamping and how the motifs get smaller as they travel up the skirt area!

KayB hat gesagt…

Well done, Tini and I second Summerset regarding the imperfections - only you will know about it.

madhatter hat gesagt…

also ich find's auch toll - und wenn du niemanden auf die fehler draufstößt, sieht das garantiert keiner. und vermutlich nichtmal dann...ich hab jedenfalls keinen gesehen :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Anyone close enough to see the imperfections (other than maybe your hubby) should probably be slapped anyway! It looks delightful & summery. I'll echo the liking of the way the size of the stampings diminish as they climb. Looks great!

Andi in Georgia, USA
firebird96 @cox.net