Dienstag, November 20, 2007

Home again!

Hi there,

I'm home again, my doc decided yesterday, that 2 more days off would be great...
and I have to admit, he was right. Today I literally did nothing. I slept a lot, took a looong bath, went to the postoffice twice, because it was close over lunch (12 o'clock ), cleaned the oven and wiped the kitchen. But no sewing, knitting or putting in pictures into the album. I think I'll return to that tomorrow....

But I decided to challenge myself for next year. I just won 6 back issues of threads magazine at ebay.com for 6 USD but now I have to pay 44 Euro for shipping. Yikes! So that better be worth it. My challenge for myself will be trying out 6 new techniques from books, mags, blogs, whatever in 2008. I revived the Claire-Shaeffer-sew along blog for that but now it is named "Neue Techniken ausprobiert!" and will be in German.  You can find it here If you want to join, write me an email at tini(dot)schrott(at)freenet(dot)de

O.k I do have to do some tiding up before DH comes home.

Kommentare:

Isabelle hat gesagt…

Take good care of yourself Tini!!
Are you sure the seller gave you the best shipping choice? There are many different options and sometimes the sellers or, worse, the clerks at the USPS POs are too lazy to check out the best rates.

Anonym hat gesagt…

That Ebay seller is ripping you off. I can understand taking a bit more for transport etc, but 44EUR???pluueeeze. That is the price to ship a box of fabric from Ressy!!!
I had one who took $18.00 for a magazine size book (found out the size after it arrived), then I found out it only cost $8.00 for shipping. I asked about it, she cussed and humpfed but gave me back $8+. We didn't leave feedback for each other. Ok with me though.

Reethi hat gesagt…

44 euros sure seems like a lot of shipping for 6 magazines...

Tany hat gesagt…

Tini, no way 44 euros is a fair price... Now they have the option of 10.5 USD per envelope, no matter the wheight (they fill the envelope with whatever fits in there) and 6 Threads magazines fit perfectly well in those envelopes! You should try reasoning with the seller.