Mittwoch, November 14, 2007

the positive side

(I told you, that I'm a very positive person...) of beeing ill at home is and not allowed to speak much or do a lot is, that you get a lot of other stuff done.

First: I started putting photos from our New England Vacation 2 yrs ago into the album. This is another thing, that was put on hold. I decided that in the 3 days of beeing sick, I'll be using a certain tv show, that I'm just half interested in (it is about young people going abroad for a year) to put the photos in the album. I won't be finishing this task in 2 more days but I managed to glue in 36 pictures today and I started halfway thru the show. I do have 8 more films to go plus a lot of stuff I colleted everywhere like tickets, maps, postcards, flyer....

Second: I sorted out all of the recipes in my recipe folder that I have never cooked. I also had bought bigger sheets to put inbetween each category, so now I can find my stuff more easily.

Third: I was able to get the new chair for my sewing room at Aldi today :) plus our pet supply dealer had a 20% offer today so I got a lot of stuff there too ( this is very seldom here!)

Fourth: I get to drink a lot of hot juice and tea... yummy

Fifth: My husband gets me gifts! I got an Adventskalender! This is normally something for kids but since a lot of adults love them too, they are available in a great variety. From the 1st of decembre till the 24th you open a door on the calendar and get a small gift. In my case gummibears! yummy


Last but not least: I'm getting a lot of knitting done
The vinnland socks for Annika are growing fine although I stopped knitting them yesterday afternoon to work on my simple knitted bodice




Parting shot:

My niece is looking for Halloween

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

the last pic makes me think about "it's the big pumpkin, charlie brown!"... ;)

christina hat gesagt…

I have never heard of an Adventskalendar with gummi bears! I still get one every year for myself :)

Summerset hat gesagt…

Funny Parting Shot! I remember the advent calendars! My dad lived in Germany for an additional 2 years after we had previously lived there for 4 years. The one year he couldn't come home for the holidays, he sent us one almost exactly like yours, but with chocolates in the windows. Of course he sent us all sorts of yummy chocolates and my favorite, Haribo gummi bears.

Sushi hat gesagt…

Hey, I like the simple bodice! Wonderful color and beautiful pattern!

Isabelle hat gesagt…

Advent calendars! We got one each every year when we were little. I might buy one for Seb so he has a choccie every night in Amsterdam... That would be a sweet gift!

Your knitting is absolutely beatiful. I love that bodice!

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Isabelle hat gesagt…

Advent calendars! We got one each every year when we were little. I might buy one for Seb so he has a choccie every night in Amsterdam... That would be a sweet gift!

Your knitting is absolutely beatiful. I love that bodice!

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Annika hat gesagt…

Ohhh, the sock is gorgeous! Your bodice is exquisite, too! The Advent calendar is soo cool! Wahh! I want one, whine whine whine! I'll just have to make my own....
I hope you are feeling better -
Annika