I haven't sewn a stitch yesterday but dyed some yarn for my firestarters, I had an early start for my supposed-to-be first project for 2008 and discovered, that the pattern didn't show at all.
you can see pics here in my German KAL post.
At first I coulnd't figure out how to do the pattern but elem-victor was so kind to help me ( even in my kind of tipsy state of beeing ;) ) via ravelry, so I figured it out! And I already ripped it and started a different kind of pattern from my Favourite socks book, which leads me to the list of things I want to accomplish in 2008
- Knit a pair of socks out of each of the 3 sockpattern books that I own
- Keeping track of what I have knitted and sewn incl. yardage
- Reduce my fabric stash. This year I have done o.k. with purchasing but I feel kind of overwhelmed by the amount of fabric that I own. To do that I want to sew at least
- 2 pyjamas
1 pair of jeans
the hoodie for rosie
a 1016 onion anorak for me
1 blouse from the heringbone cotton fabric I own
2 vintage garnments including "viva scandinavia"
I think that list is doable!
- try out 6 new techniques for our sew-along which focusses on new techniques! I'd love to be able to do handworked buttonholes. First technique will be piping I guess since I have planned to make a blouse on our sewing weekend, which might look nice with piping. This goal is also there to make me use all of the great informations that I have from various books and magazines
- Put all the pics from our 2005 journey to New England into the picture books before going to visit Annika in the US next year!
- Continue to de-clutter (more on that soon!)
EDIT: ( I forgot stuff)
- sew up my 2 ufos left ( the coffeebag-bag since I do have enough coffeebags now and the jacket which just needs buttonholes and buttons but with this I'm not alone :) )
- make myself a needlecase from the fabric I got from my sp11 pal Katja
- make my PIF gifts
And that's it. I hope to get some sewing done tonight after visiting Heikos godchild this afternoon, so that my in-between the days projects progresses inbetween the holidays. It is completely cut, so that makes life a lot easier!
If I don't post until the new year! Have a great new years eve and a lot of luck, happiness, joy and love to all of you for 2008. And thank you for beeing so great friends whereever you are. I love all your comments and I love reading your blogs and emails so much! Thank you for beeing just what you are!