Sonntag, Dezember 02, 2007

The famous gingerbread spider of christmas....

what? There isn't such a thing you say?
REALLY? gnarf.... maybe I shouldn't have bought some halloween-cookie cutters while beeing in the US ;)

Yesterday we had our annual christmas-cookie-baking-get together and this year it was special because we had 2 little kids amongst us. My godchild
Next year she'll be old enough to help baking! ( She just turned one in october)
The other little fellow is Max, the son of our friends. He is 18 days today and I was allowed to cuddle with him at least an hour! Just another 13 months until I can try to get pregnant! I love kids sooo much!

The sleeping bag was finished in time and the parents were happy about it. Now I need to sew the second one soon, because Thora Ida, the daughter of another friend was born 2 days ago! Yay! So many cuddly babies arond me!

But now off to show off our cookies:
Black and White cookies by Joachim


Oatmeal cookies


Brownies


Lower left: Almond cookies, Lower right: Marzipancookies



Haselnutcookies



Mandelhörnchen



And I told you, there is a gingerbread spider of christmas as well as the famous German Christmas Tigerente, a bat of christmas and the famous dog-bone of christmas


Happy first of Advent!

Kommentare:

Katjuska hat gesagt…

Hi tini,

Happy 1st Advent to you!

If you haven't received the parcel yet, here's the unveiling of your spoiler. It's me ;)

Hugs, Katja

Annika hat gesagt…

Yummy yummy cookies! Love the hazelnut feet! And hey, isn't that the famous gingerbread spider who stood watch over Jesus in the manger? ;) And the bat who lived in the manger, too? Okay, okay, so those Christmas stories haven't been written yet...
Happy-first-Advent-to-you la la la.

Annika hat gesagt…

Did I say hazelnut feet? I meant marzipan....ohhhhhmarzipan....

Åsa hat gesagt…

Wow, you've been very busy in the kitchen! They all look delicious. Happy first Advent! Patrik and I've decorated all the windows with stars and electric candles, as is the custom in Sweden...

Isabelle hat gesagt…

Your gingerbread spider cookies are so funny! All the biscuits look so yummy. The Mandelhörnchen are truly mouth-watering. Sounds like you had a great time, and that you have finally recovered from your bad cold.

Thank you for the well wishes! I embroidered 3 new onesies for my shop and have been loom-knitting a scarf for my BIL's birthday. I don't know how to knit with needles, but I enjoy loom-knitting!
Thanks again for the kind words and have a good start of the week! Hugs.

Kathleen C. hat gesagt…

Oh, the many dog-bone of Christmas cookies I remember from my childhood... uhmmm... okay, maybe not so many.
But it can be a new tradition!
You have me wanting to bake cookies now!

KayB hat gesagt…

oh... yummy.....in 2 weeks time I'll have time to do my own baking, too.

Elemmaciltur hat gesagt…

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cookies!!!

Garnprinzessin hat gesagt…

Huiiii. So viele verschiedene Sorten Plätzchen... Wegen Nichtraucherübergewichtsabbau bleibt die Weihnachtsbäckerei bei uns dieses Jahr geschlossen... *seufz*

Liebe Grüsse von der

Garnprinzessin

Summerset hat gesagt…

Hmm. I thought I left a comment and maybe it didn't go through. Your cookies look wonderful, bats and spiders included! It reminds me that I'd better let the children pick out their favorites to make this year!

karin hat gesagt…

I love cookie cutters! But I would like to have the recipe for the walnut ( ?) cake you made during PR weekend

Marietta hat gesagt…

tigerente cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so tasty! oh how i need a tigerente cookie cutter! next trip to germany, on my list! - and i love the sewing you did from the napkins, very clever indeed