o.k. I have to admit, that I cheated a bit. Instead of a button ( which I don't have yet) I used a pin as a closure.
Here's a picture:
Here are the pattern specs.
As I mentioned I had to shorten the sleeves, they do have a cut on cuff, that you might fold over but I made advantage of the selvage of the fabric, which was nicely rolled
And this is a close up of the jacquard fabric.
Both fabrics were purchased at the PR weekend 2007 in Hamburg
In the upper picture you can she how I altered the pattern to have no ruffle in the back and how I shortened the pattern itself, altough my belly is sticking out in a weird way ( still 4 kg to loose...) I think it is more pleasing.
I lined the jacket partially. I did not line the sleeves as I wanted them to be pure-felt :) The facing is out of the same jacquard I used for the bodice. Do you think it is too much pattern for me. I'm usually a little more shy with patterned fabrics so I'm pretty unsure.
The hat itself was ordered during the pr-weekend too. It has become my favourite hat. The hatmaker has decorated the hat just for me this way. It is one of a kind and was afordable too. I love it!
Some stash gone, although pretty new stash and I still have some fabrics left but I have a cute new handbag patterns, so I migh make a matching bag, that I will never ever wear together with the jacket ;)
This post is dedicated with my sewing friends, who bears with me that I'm also a knitter.
The next post will be a culinary one since I have made some of the new years eve food incl. something with 16 thingies of garlic :) yummy! Have a smelly evening!