Donnerstag, Dezember 27, 2007

the simple knitted bodice is done

and here it is....
The sweater is still unblocked hence the shorter sleeves ( they were longer before I added the neckline I swear!)
Pattern by Stephanie Japel available thru Stitchdiva
Yarn: 400gr of sea-cashmere by lana grossa (looong discontinued, this yarn comes from my moms stash), 20% Cashmere, 80% sea-island cotton ( whatever that may be)
size: XS for the body, S for the sleeves since the yarn I used is a lot stretchier than silk
needles: size 3.5 and 4 Addi Bamboo circs and size 4/4.5 metall prym dpn for the sleeves.

Changes: I added 3 rows of purl ribbing instead of just 2. Other than that: none

I really like the way this sweater turned out. My first top down sweater and that was so easy!

The pic is horrible. I look like a vampire ( and not a good looking dashing one) I'll add a better one once the sweater is blocked, we have more light than at 10 p.m. and a not so stressfull day....

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

looks lovely already - and don't think i look ANY better after a stressful day or at that time. or in the morning. or... well. let's just not talk about it! ;)

woolnweeds hat gesagt…

Oh, I like! Great job!

Summerset hat gesagt…

Pretty! Don't worry about the picture, we all know how cute and pretty you are.

Marietta hat gesagt…

the sweater looks like a great fit - love the colour, very pretty on you - happy sylvester!

Isabelle hat gesagt…

Your sweater looks beautiful Tini! can't wait to see it blocked. Sorry to hear you had a stressful day - even though you look tired, you still look super lovely!

iris-julimond hat gesagt…

Hi Tini
perfect. I like it.

I wish you a good year 2008 and a lot of fun on silvester.

Iris

elfenundkampfzwerge hat gesagt…

great sweater. looks like I have to carve this rubberstamp, n'est-ce pas?

Kathleen C. hat gesagt…

Oh that *did* come out nice! Thank you for posting the photo.
I have that in my list of things to knit. It's so helpful to see how well it worked for you. And it sounds like it was not a hard knit either!