Freitag, Februar 08, 2008

Gnarf....

boy, am I happy that this week is nearly over or what?

This is my first evening this week, that I can acutally sit down and sew since last weekend!
Sunday we went to a murdermysterydinner which was totally fun. Not so funny were the fact that I missed my knitting bag at my sisters house, where it now sits warm and dry and waits for me to visit my sister, which isn't happening till end of the month since Sandra lives an hour away ( maybe my mum has it, which is just 25 minutes away but my schedule is uhm challeging at the moment). Also disturbing was that the light of the mini we drove that weekend turned itself off for a few seconds at a time while we were on the autobahn driving a bit faster ( no speedlimits here) so that we were forced to drive with 100 km/h home... gnarf

Monday was Danish class and after that I finally finished translating the Nutkin pattern into Germnan ( will be up at knitzi.com soon!) and did some mindless surfing the net and spend some time with DH.

Tuesday: Dancing class

Wednesday: English lessons and watching Heroes ;) with DH, went to bed at 9:30 p.m.

Thurday: Dyeing 2 skeins of yarn for an order, heading out to dinner with friends.

Besides that I have worked 44 hrs this week. GEESH....

So I'm pretty happy that it is weekend again. Tonight I worked on my coffeebagbag. I hope to finish it tomorrow.


I even managed to make 2 welt pockets, which are still interestingly shaped :) but I'm getting better. I used Ann's (gorgeous things) instructions from threads. I so had to laugh about the sentences: Silk organza is readily available for little money and in a multitude of colours.... Maybe in the US. Here it is 2 colours, each meter 18 euro...

Since I couldn't work on my friday harbour socks I needed another project. During PR weekend Deepika gave me a skein of the artyarns handpainted stripes yarn ( Merino) that I wanted to use for some time but since it is slightly thicker than sock yarn I did not want to make socks, so Fetching to the resuce. A very easy straight forward project from knitty. Perfect bus-knitting. I finished these in a week and we did not even took the bus daily! I still have to weave in the ends but since my knitting bag is still not here I have to search another blunt needle, so here they come:



I added 5 more rows to the uncabled part and added another row of cables to the part after the thumb, since I do have huge hands 8) I also went down a needle size and knitted them using the magic loop method on 3mm needles!

And now I'll be going to bed. Tomorrow will be cleaning/dyeing and hopefully sewing day!

Kommentare:

elfenundkampfzwerge hat gesagt…

sounds very busy! I am curious to hear more about the mistery weekend. I want to attend one, too - GB preferably. (one of my dreams: 6 weeks, a nice car, a lot of money and ....off I go to GB)

happy sewing WE!

Annika hat gesagt…

Yeah, silk organza isn't all that easy to find in Seattle, and it isn't all that cheap either...I usually mailorder it from Thai Silks or Fashion Fabric Club.
You've been busy busy busy!
Weird about the Mini shutting off its light on the Autobahn...

Elemmaciltur hat gesagt…

Wow! The coffee bags are VERY cute. Especially the bottom one!

nowaks nähkästchen hat gesagt…

Sounds like a hard week, so good luck for the sewing this weekend!

"Cheap" silk organza I'm alsostill looking for. I can offer 9-12 EUR at Karstadt Bonn. But thats the cheapest I've seen so far here. For pockets it's not such a problem, because 30cm make a lot of welt pockets... but still...

Marietta hat gesagt…

Dang girl! you are busy!!!
I love the coffee bag - especially since i am a coffee-holic - i see brands i know! the kronung in green and the tchibo brand :)

btw- silk organza is not cheap or easy to find if you are not in a major city

congrats on your trip across the pond! try KLM airlines flying through amsterdam and minnesota

melissaknits hat gesagt…

The coffee bag bag is awesome! Is there a pattern for it somewhere? Need need need that thing!!

Bobbi hat gesagt…

I LOVE, love, love the coffee bag!!!