Dienstag, März 25, 2008

Progress and Plans

Hi everyone,

I hope that those amongst you, who celebrate Easter had a nice holiday (including time for our hobbies!).

Thank you for your nice comments on my plunging neckline ;) Heiko likes the shirt ;) and actually it is nice to wear. I have worn it under cardigans and pullovers though since it is just above 0° here.

Heiko and I went to see Maria in Denmark and since that is 3.5 hrs each direction I had a fair amount of knitting time, since I prefer not to drive when there's snow and it snowed quiet a bit here in the last couple of days.

So my Secret Shell meets Pomatomus sock is coming along quiet well and the first sock is finished. Unfortunately I dropped it into a little pond of melted snow in the car and so I had to wash the sock. The second sock is coming along well too. I just picked up the gusset stitches after turning the heel, so I might actually finish them this month since they are the sock of the month over at
the hobbyschneiderin.


Next months pattern will be Clessidra. I think I might not knit that one. I'm not sure if I want to knit knee-high socks right now and then there is my friday harbor sock that is just 10% done, so a little knitting on those in april will be good. My mantra is "no ufos no ufos no ufos" and I just can't manage more than 2 projects at a time.

Which leads me to my other project, that made good progress on the drive and while beeing at Maria's place. My tomten-jacket by Elisabeth Zimmerman! I'm ready to start the hood next!



But since I'll be in the US next month ( o.k. mostly in may ) I'll think about ordering yarn to Annikas place from Elann for a project for Heiko. We both like Durrow from MagKnits! I thought about the peruvian wool-alpaca blend from Elann. Do you think that this will be too warm?

And I'm thinking about making another lace shawl. If I ever finish the friday harbor socks I'll be making one of my cookie a. pattern next. I have 22 hrs flight-time ahead of me :)

Sewingwise: next on the list is my knitting-needle case that I wanted to make for sooo long now. The fabric is washed and ironed. Next step: cutting and applying the interfacing. Should be an easy project ( but as we all know I tend to ähm loose interest in them as easily :) )

I got some Onion pattern from Maria, so next on my list will be a cozy and hopefully easy cardigan out of some bulky-knit fabric that I have in my stash.

Garnprinzessin wants to see more stash-acquisitions but I have to disappoint you, at the moment I'm on a strict diet. No fabric and yarn until my trip to the US. I could show you my stash though :)

O.k. back to the laundry, than dinner and than cutting that knitting needle case fabric

Kommentare:

Annika hat gesagt…

Hey - let me know what you want to order yarnwise and I'll do it before you get here!

elfenundkampfzwerge hat gesagt…

hi tini. on my recent trip to mallorca, knitting needles were not allowed. is it on flights to the US?
nice to hear you travel the world!

madhatter hat gesagt…

mal gespannt wie lange deine garn-diät anhält... wenn du so einen festen willen hast wie ich, wird das nix werden. das erste schnuffelige wollknäuel wird dich umwerfen wie ein orkan. jawohl. ;)

mal gespannt, wieviele koffer du in amerika noch kaufen mußt *g*

madhatter hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.