Montag, Mai 19, 2008

back to life, back to reality

Hi everybody,

I'm back safe and sound and I'm sooo exhausted altough I slept for 13 hrs from yesterday evening  8 p.m. to 9 a.m. today. The cats are also back at home!

We had a great time! We stayed a week at Annikas place and that was awesome and from there we went on a trip along Oregons coast, thru the redwoods to Napa Valley, from there to Yosemite and at the end we spend some time in San Fransico. There we met Wondermike from Y knit. That was great too.

I'll be posting a couple of looooong posts soon ( as soon as the pictures are developed!) about our trip.

But today I'd like to show you my finished (or unfinished) projects from the tour:

First:
Branching out from Knitty.com for Annika
Yarn: A mohair-blend that I got from my mother-in-laws stash (that she found in her closet...)

The pattern was easy and this was a fun knit. Mostly done on board of the plane and while beeing at Annikas place.
(The socks in the pic are the secret shell socks I also knitted for Annika, I stole the picture from her blog....)
I used 2 balls of the yarn (brand or exact content are not known, since the label is missing) and knitted on size 6 knit-picks harmony needles.

Second:

Plain vanilla socks, that I made during our recent trip to the westcoast of the us. This was my "in-the-car-project" for the days that I wasn't driving. I did started the too earlier at the second sock but I'm going to live with that. The yarn is "essentials" from Knitpicks in the peacoc-multi colourway which pooled weirdly. I have nearly 80% left from the second ball, so I'm going to knit 2 socks on 2 circs (toe up) with the remaining yarn some time soon ( destashing! and a cool project for the bus drive once I have to go back to work). The yarn itself is very soft and was a pleasure to work with!




Third:

Nutkin. These are still a WIP:
This is the first sock but I just casted on for the second (no second sock syndrom)
I did not make the fold over cast-on edge since it seemed not to work for me and Betty stated that the hem is the reason for the twisting, if not done properly, so I just made my ususal 1x1 ribbing but I still got a bit of twisting, but Mike (Wondermike...) thinks it will be o.k. after blocking! As you can see in the second picture I also made my usual heel flap and my usual toe instead of the short row heel!
yarn: some sock yarn, that I got from a co-worker... I do like the colours





Not too bad for 3 weeks ;) but I bought a lot of yarn too! So no destashing here, not really....

And no sewing....

Kommentare:

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Welcome back home! And you have been busy as a bee... my secret shells are still unfinished. :(

I really love the colour of Nutkin!

KayB hat gesagt…

Hi Tini, it's nice to have you back. Can't wait for your loooong post and pictures!

alala hat gesagt…

Yay! Glad to see you back! I love the Nutkin socks! Well, sock. I'm sure I'll love the second one as well.

Adrienne hat gesagt…

welcome back! Love your projects!

Annika hat gesagt…

I am very glad you got home safe and sound! Your newly knit socks are marvelous - nutkin is a very pretty swirly design.

elfenundkampfzwerge hat gesagt…

good to have you back home. waiting for those long posts to come.
;)

nosupermom hat gesagt…

Welcome back!

I look forward to your pictures!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Tini,

welcome back and you've done a pretty "job" during your trip; love your plain vanilla socks and the pooling!

I can't wait till your pics !!! I'm not inquisitive...not me...no,no,never. Pleaeaease let me know (o;

Winni