Sonntag, Juni 01, 2008

secret pal 12 questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like natural yarns but there are nice acrylics out there, that don't sqeak when you squish them :)
I love silk, bamboo and wool though.
I hate novelty yarns (fake fur, fun fur, eyelash) and nubby yarns! And I made the experience that I don't like working with the untwisted yarn like "designer" sock yarn very much since I'm knitting mostly while commuting and it takes too much concentration.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I made myself a needle roll a while back and plan to make myself another one plus one for my dpn.


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

oooh, I learned at the age of 9 or so. My mum taught me but I still consider myself just advanced since I had a longer break after learning to sew at 18 and after my breast cancer surgery where some D*mbhead told me that I wasn't allowed to knit!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an amazon wishlist under my "real" name.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like fresh scents like "ocean" or so. And citrus scents.
(That is my summer thing, in winter I'm totally into vanilla and cinnamon

and stuff) and I totally loved the scent of the cucumber and something soap my SP 10 pal send me. I love soap...
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

yes! I love chocolate but can't eat it :(
I love fugde, licorice and caramell though.
And anything gummibearish ;)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'm a sewer :) I love love love love to sew.
I garden but that is just starting since our garden is kind of a mess.
I tried spinning but I decided that I just don't need another hobby.
I dye! And I love that too :)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like a lot of stuff. From U2 to Bush to Linkin park.
Mostly rock, metall, hard rock, new metall
Indie rock from the 90s are a biiig favourite of mine!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love all cool colours like pink, purple, blues, greys

I look horrible in orange and yellowish (yellow in particular) colours but I wear all colours as socks :)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with no kids but 2 cats, whom I adore

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

scarves:yes
hats: yes
mittens: uhm gloves
ponchos: no no no no no

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks and pullovers ;)

13. What are you knitting right now?
Fluke-socks and there are going to be some booga bags in the future (since my knit-picks harmony needle tips just arrived but I may make some cottony things first... it's just too warm here!)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yeeeesss

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circs: Bamboo or wooden, although I like my knit picks options! They are so great for knitting lace! Or my addi-lace!
or wooden dpn...

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes and yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

knitting: I haven't an ufo!
sewing: uhm 1,5 yrs?

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday and christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides dust-rabbits? (I know that they are called dust bunnies but with 2 cats that shed fur all the time they are just BIGGER here!)
fabric?
knitting books?
sock yarn?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I love indie dyer yarns and I have some in my stash but more sock yarn from indie dyers will be highly welcome. If you are on ravelry: I have my complete stash up ;)

And I love the sahara (is that right? ) shirt from stitch divas!
Or a sock blocking thingy.


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Faire isle and intarsia

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yepp! My foot is 24.5 cm long and the widest part is 23.5 cm
That's a size 40. I have large legs (calves?) too



23. When is your birthday?

8th of april

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
yes and I'm tini there too!

Keine Kommentare: