Montag, August 18, 2008

A walk for a good cause


o.k. I was about to write about the quilt of doom and Zen but I read this blog post by Mel and had to share (hey, that also raises my chances of winning really cool stuff!)

Mel is walking 60 miles on october 3rd till october 5th to raise money for breast cancer research.

I've already donated and I want to spread the word here.

Just 3 more months and my diagnosis will be 5 years away. I was lucky. The cancer did not have the chance to spread in my body.

I was lucky: I had health insurance that paid for surgery, chemo and radiation.

I was lucky: There have been scientists who figured out how to fight this illness. They figured out how to survive chemo a lot easier than it was 20 years ago, so I just felt like a zombie for 3 days instead of 3 weeks.

With my donation I hope, that there will be a chance for all the other people out there to kick that cancer in its butt (and hard!)

I also want to remind you: get yourself checked! I'm getting my next mammogram in September. I'm also seeing my ob-gyn then! Don't forget to examine yourself every single month! I found the knot in my breast at the age of 26! Take these minutes every month and help yourself.

Take a little money and help all the others out there!

Kommentare:

mel hat gesagt…

Oh Tini, I'm overwhelmed and grateful. Thank you so much for the link and for sharing your story, you've inspired me. I'll be carrying your name in October when I walk and remembering you when I do. A great big hug from across the world to you!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Tini , it is the stories of survivors like you that make the work ever so worthwhile