Sonntag, Oktober 12, 2008

Leighton Buzzard

Heiko and I spent some time with our friends from the UK, who live in Leighton Buzzard, so of course we had to go to the town-centre and stroll around (we walked there, we had some interesting experiences riding the bus later on our stay but more on that when I show the London pics...)

First I wanted to see the church. I love churches and it seems that I have a deep love for old graveyards (during daytime)


Unfortunately we could not get inside the church since there was a wedding  just about to take place :)


And those I found in the church garden outside. I've never thought of planting them outside but they would make a nice addition to our garden. Unfortunately I have no idea of the English term for them, we call them "Alpenveilchen"



After doing some windowshopping and actually shopping in this tiny alley:
called peacock mews
(durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen.... *SCNR*)
where we "found" this store. We've been there last time too, so we did not find it but the store is too cute (although for my taste there was too much needlework as in embroidery) and the owner is really lovely!

After all this wandering around we went into a café that has a craft and schnick-schnack store (knick-knack?) in the basement called room no. 9 where Heiko enjoyed some English specialties


and I took some cookbook worthy (IHMO) pics of my yummy carrot cake!

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

mh!
die scones würde ich direkt vom bildschirm schlabbern - den karottenkuchen kannst du dafür behalten ;)
hachja.... shopping! was für eine schöne idee! und die bilder sind wirklich toll, da ist man direkt nochmal dabei *schwärm*

nosupermom hat gesagt…

Hhm, Scones und Carrot Cake! Yumyum!

Alpenveilchen sind "cyclamen".

bockstark.knits hat gesagt…

looks like y'all had a great time!

Bobbi hat gesagt…

Looks like a great getaway!

silke hat gesagt…

Hi Tini!

Leider waren wir bei ggh, ohne vorher nach Deinen Wünschen gefragt zu haben... aber Ende des Monats fahre ich evtl. nochmal hin und würde dann vorher bescheid geben.

Ach übrigens:

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Du bist nominiert.

Liebe Grüße,

Silke

S. hat gesagt…

England is soo great - Love it!

cidell hat gesagt…

I have those pink flowers too. I think they are cyclamen. Mine bloomed last month!