Freitag, Dezember 26, 2008

Beeing a little selfish!

First of all, I want to wish you and all of your beloved ones a happy belated christmas, so you are celebrating it or happy belated Hanukka and Julfest or winter solstice.

I had a pretty good time and got some really nice gifts. By today all of my christmas gifts are done (except one sock, but that is another story, that I will tell another time)

All in all I sewed 5 pyjamas for various nieces and nephews and my godchild.

The pictures are not the best. I hope my BIL will take pics of the kids, when they have grown into the pjs, since they are waaaay to big.

So, what do I mean with "beeing a little selfish"?

That is on my agenda for 2009 when it comes to knitting and sewing, at least for some time. 
Over the last few weeks I have made very little for myself. 
I knitted 5 pairs of socks in a row for other people and while I enjoy giving handknit socks to 
those who appreciate it, I somehow want some for me too. So the next socks will be for me, me, me. 

I already casted on (is that a "regular" verb?) for the "An American in China" socks and I'm at the toe. It looks so much more dense than the pictures on ravelry. Maybe I need to switch to a thicker yarn but I got gauge (or nearly. I do have 15 stitches to 2 inches instead of 32 to 4 inches in stockinette but since my feet a a tad smaller than mens' feet I thought I would be o.k.. I have to admit, that I did not swatch in linenstitch and I did not count the rows since this will be socks 
not something reaaallly big) 
The yarn I'm using is Collinette jitterbug in "jay". I plan to turn the heel, knit 2 rows and put the first sock on hold and knit the second and then knitting both of them on 2 circular needles at the same time. This way I should be o.k. with very little yarn. It's really not much meterage to the skein. I wonder why they don't give more per skein and increase the price. That way one could knit comfortably with one skein.... 
After knitting Heiko a sweater (it's washed and blockend and he loves it)  it's my turn again. My "rapsody in raspberry" is my tv-knitting project. It's the February Lady Sweater that 
seems to be the new clapotis ;) since everybody is knitting it or has knitted it. Doesn't matter I'm known to be a follower of trends ( read: if the trend is over I'm going to knit, sew and wear it...) and my yarn is just yummy. It's Elann incense (bamboo-silk- wool-blend) and I just love the texture and the colour: raspberry red. 

I'm also going to sew for me! ME!!!! I know, that I need to work on the quilt and I will but sewing the gifts for the kids, even Heiko noticed that I really prefer sewing garments. 
It's so much more fun for me. And I need new dressy trousers for work. So next will be some TNT-pattern combined with stash fabric = easy trousers. I do have 3 or 4 fabrics in my stash that 
were bought with the intention to make suits for work. I made this jacket but I've never got around to make the matching trousers. This will be a project for 2009 too. 

Erica made this very cool skirt. Another thing that's now on my list. I have some uhm a lot of plaid fabric in my stash, so I can play until I have something similiar ;) or something that looks vaguely like Ericas version! 

Not to forget the dress for the wedding in April and a 60's inspired dress (also from stash...) 

Kommentare:

Tany hat gesagt…

Those gifts look really awesome and after all this I think you deserve a little "sewing for yourself" time!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year!

KayB hat gesagt…

Tini, you really were a busy bee, your intentions to sew for yourself are well deserved :-)!
I wish you a Happy New Year!

Bobbi hat gesagt…

In my world, January is the "selfish month" in which to knit/sew/craft only for ourselves...and no one else.

Marietta hat gesagt…

of course i love the oair with fliegenpilz...and i love my bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


thank you so much Tini - of course you reminded me that i need to get my but going and finish my PIF's and mail them out too! I cannot wait to put my very own selfish knitting project in it to carry around and work on for me...again - vielen dank - sie freut mich sehr

-lg - marietta