Samstag, Dezember 06, 2008

Happy Nikolaus,

Good morning (well sort of) everybody,



a happy Nikolaus day if you "celebrate" it. We do! Got some really yummy shower gel in my boot, I guess it was well polished enough ;)

How are you doing? I’m pretty well, just traces of a tiny cold but I’ll be having a long weekend (Monday and Tuesday off from work) so I hope to be fully recovered by Wednesday.

I really had meant to blog last weekend but after getting an vaccination shot against the flue last Friday I just felt awful the whole weekend. And by awful I mean really ill! On Saturday every joint in my arms hurt. I could not knit, I could not type for long or sew. I went to bed at 9 p.m. and slept thru until the next morning.

Also my GMIL is in hospital, so we went there of course!

Sunday was better and I was able to finish knitting Heikos sweater! And it fits.
It’s done! *doingthehappydance*Here it is in it’s unblocked beauty.

elizabeth Zimmerman sweater 1

and a close up of the sleeve braid. I'm really happy about it.
Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater 2
( I had to lighten up the pictures since the really dark navy blue wouldn't show the details otherwise...)

Christmas sewing and knitting is in full swing.
Knittingwise there are just Lianes socks. And the first one is already done, so that shouldn’t be a problem since I manage to knit 1 – 1.5 patternrepeats on the way to work and on the way back from work. Commuting via public transportation sometimes is not just sustainable but also crafty!

monkey socks for Liane

Somehow my brain froze at the end of November and I decided to sew pyjamas for all 4 of my nieces and nephews. So far I managed to trace the second size I needed for the boys and cut those. I’m using burda 2639 for them. The pattern was in my stash (already used twice!) and is now OOP The trousers are done and I hope to get a lot of sewing done on them tonight and during this weekend. The flanell I’m using is from my stash and has aged already for two years. I still have some left though.

For the girls I’ll be using pattern no. from the winter ‘03 issue of ottobre. I need to trace the pattern though. For those pjs I also have some flanell in my stash. This years gifts will be real stashbusters! I hope to get so much fabric sewing up during next year that this shelf is empty. I guess that is doable!
(I’m not just sewing those fabrics though but I’ll move the fabric from this shelf to another once there’s more room)
regal

I also got one of my goals from the WIP group over at ravelry done. Here’s my second Alma by madhatter. Isn’t it funky? (not the best picture thugh..) The contrasting fabric is made from placemats from the 70s. I had to piece them but still funky! I really like the pattern and I use the first I made for taking my sock projects with me.

alma

Speaking of sock projects:

My second Wollmeise shipment came! If you don’t want to see pictures, don’t read further!

Saami will be going to Ireland to stay with Karina

Saami

and Juletomten will be made either into one of the nice Cookie A. patterns I have or into Rivendell.
Jultomte

Other upcoming knitting and sewing projects are:

February Lady sweater out of Elann Incensce
and
an elven dress (simplicity 98 somethingsince I’m invited to a medivial-fantasy wedding. There are 6 meter of silk velvet to be ordered.

Hope you are all having a great day. I hope to post further progress next weekend!

Kommentare:

bockstark.knits hat gesagt…

the sweater looks so great on him!!! great job!!!

Garnprinzessin hat gesagt…

Yip, der Zopfpulli ist wirklich superhübsch geworden!

Liebe Grüsse von der

Garnprinzessin

madhatter hat gesagt…

woo-hoo!
der pulli ist der HAMMER! ^-^
sieht genial aus und paßt ja wirklich 100%ig!

der february lady sweater steht auch noch auf meiner liste - bin gespannt auf deine version, dann kupfere ich bei dir ab :)

tasche wiedermal bombig, speziell der orangene stoff. cool!
schade, daß das 70er stoff ist... hab schon auf kaufmöglichkeiten gehofft ;)

Silke hat gesagt…

Der Pulli ist genial geworden!

*SchnellFensterschliessdamitGögadennichtsieht*

Adventliche Grüße aus HH

von Fam Erdnuss

Kerstin hat gesagt…

Schicker Pulli! Steht deinem Göga wirklich ausgezeichnet. Dafür hätte ich dir sicher auch was in den Stiefel gepackt. ;)
Der Zopf sieht toll aus!

KayB hat gesagt…

Ja, kann ich mich nur einreihen.... der pulli is super geworden! Und die Alma auch....!

Annika hat gesagt…

Gorgeous pullover on a handsome man! You have been super busy. I've just been making beeswax candles and soap to give away at Christmas.
Many thanks for the lovely card! It's sooo true!

Adam hat gesagt…

Dear Tini the sweater is adorable! Please tell me where to get this pattern, I want this one for me, too!

Greetings and best wishes
Adam

kaita hat gesagt…

Der ist echt schoen geworden, ich strick grad nen Seamless Hybrid und kann nur bestaetigen, dass die Aermel viel zu eng sind und eine merkwuerdige Zunahmerate haben, ich hab das auch zweimal geribbelt, bis das ok war.

Liebe Gruesse
Andrea

Saskia hat gesagt…

Der Pulli ist SUPER geworden! Ganz großartig! Was mich wieder einmal sehr bedauern lässt, dass mein Göga nicht bestrickt werden möchte :(

Kathleen C. hat gesagt…

What a wonderful post!
The sweater is incredible! Fits very well and the braid is stunning.
The socks are so much fun... is that a no-purl Monkey?
And your bag... how great is that! Out of placemats... excellent recycling!

Kathleen C. hat gesagt…

Oh! I forgot to say that I hope your MIL is better soon! The holidays is a rotten time to be in hospital.

alala hat gesagt…

Wow, your husband's cute!

I mean, em... nice sweater.

Ahem.

(wortbestätigung is packcrab. how appropriate.)

mel hat gesagt…

Oh Tini, what an absolutely gorgeous sweater!! My husband has been waiting for his for at least 2 years now (poor guy!) You did a beautiful job and he looks so happy with it!

And I love Katrin's patterns. I keep saying it, but it really is only a matter of time before I break out my sewing machine again!

mel hat gesagt…

P.S. I hope you are feeling better!

mermaids hat gesagt…

i found your blog due to the ottobre reference, but i have to say, the sweater is gorgeous! love the sleeves. wow. wish i could knit like that.

Marietta hat gesagt…

jaw on floor! the sweater is stunning and the husband looks good too!