Sonntag, Januar 04, 2009

quilt of doom: progressreport

Hello there!

Since one of my new years resolutions was to sew 100 blocks for the quilt of doom aka wedding quilt this year I started sewing blocks on friday after finishing the pair of trousers that I made (from stash, also a new year resolution. Unfortunately it just took 1.4 meter of fabric to make them and I still have 4 or 5 more meter of the fabric...). I'll post a picture when I do not look so tired as I do today...

Since friday I have finished 8 blocks and now I have 87 blocks finished. (plus 6 out of 14 Karin is making for me in exchange for knitting her socks. Any body else in Germany who wants socks and will make blocks for me? ) I thought it was time to take a picture! I laid the blocks out on our bed, which is unfortunately a lot smaller than my sisters. Lo and behold, it does not look bad so far!
of course I will NOT change the colour in the middle of a row but I had to start somewhere...

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

sieht nicht nur "nicht schlecht" aus, sondern in meinen augen echt spitzenmäßig!
deine schwester wird platt sein, wenn sie das sieht!

Summerset hat gesagt…

Too bad I don't live in Germany, I'd do some blocks for you! We moved back to the States 35 years ago, a little too early for your quilt, I'd have to think. You are making progress though, keep going!

Sonnenblume Mneme hat gesagt…

This is totally crazy!
Ich werd verrückt - Das sieht absolut perfekt und nach einem Geduldsspiel aus, für das ich nicht geeignet wäre. Ich wünsche Dir weiterhin viel Erfolg dabei!

Marietta hat gesagt…

wow!!!!!!!!!i agree with sonnenblume - crazy!!!!
and impressive