Since returning from the UK the weather has been a mixture of dry patches, some sun and a lot of rain. So enough time to get some things done in the house, like finally putting up some pictures in the living room, assembling a storage rack for the attic (and thus cleaning up the attic and throw things away) and starting to make a cover for our armchair.
Our two lovely, lively 3 yr old cats love jumping and running around the living room. This includes chaising each other and trying to get a grip on top of the armchair thus giving it a little "acupuncture". DH requested a cover for the top of the chair a while ago and today I started making a pattern.
The muslin fits pretty o.k., so tonight I'm going to cut out the cover from denim and also from fake leather, that I bought a couple of years ago online not knowing how thick it would be. It's too thick to sew thru with my standard Bernina sewing machine but I'm going to make pockets for the "leather" and just slip it in without sewing thru it.
Sewingwise this break was so productive (at least for me). Before leaving for England I finished this pair of shorts
The pattern is from the autumn/winter edition 2007 of the ottobre woman magazine in a size 40. It's Model no. 10 a bootcut jeans pattern that I cut off at knee height. As you can see, my upper legs are kind of short. The pattern fits pretty well, the wrinkles are due to the use of slightly stretchy denim. I just can't get rid of those wrinkles if I'm using a stretchdenim. If I would make the longer version I would need to alter the pattern for my lower legs, which are uhm bigger than size 40...
So this is 1.3 meter less stash.
Another stashreduction came with the making of burda No. 106 B from the 01/2009 of the burda magazine. I cut a size 38 at the top and a size 40 at the bottom to have room for my hips.
Fabric used: a cotton interlock that I bought last year at the Dutch fabric market in Hamburg.
Any other alterations: none, although from the pictures it seems that I might need a smallish FBA with this pattern. My V neck is not really a V, but I really like it this way.
I should have understitch the facing. Next time I will.
I added an iron-on transfer from Onion via shoponion.com. It seems that the floral print isn't available anymore but the quality of the iron-on transfers is great!
This won't be the last of this shirt that I make. It's different without beeing overly trendy. Very feminine!
Worn together I have a summer ensemble!
Here's a picure of Aliénor, my current WIP (I also have a pair of kids socks on the needles for my nephew Lukas but they are a) not very exicting and b) I'm not even finished with the toes and they are toe-up...)
I'm so close to finish it. Just a bit more plain stockinette and then the pattern part for sleeve no. 2... YAY. I so hope to finish the sweater this week! The pattern is awesome btw. It's the Aliénor pattern by Anna Larsson available via ravelry and I'm not saying this because I was a testknitter for the pattern. It's really flexible and nice looking!