Sonntag, August 23, 2009

Isn't she beautiful?

I mean the Ashford Traveller spinning wheel, that I borrowed from a shop (and that I guess is going to be mine).



My singles are getting more even by the day (not that they are consistend by any means. I have under/overspun parts and it's still thin and thinner parts...


And this is my first spun and plied "yarn"



I'm determined to make something with it. So far I don't know what but I still have some meter so spin ;)

(it's Eiderwolle and it's kind of coarse but easy to spin and inexpensive, so I got 300 Gramm and I'm going to spin thru all of it before buying something else. I like spinning it.)

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

very beautiful, indeed. :)

keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be yours!

yasmin hat gesagt…

eeehh... du siehst mich sprachlos.

(I am dounbfounded)

schrubst ;) du nicht irgendwo, dass du zwar mal einen spinnkurs gemacht hättest, du dabei aber nicht gut wärst? und es auch gar nicht sein wolltest...?

(Didn't you write some time ago that you took a spinning class and weren't good at spinning and didn't want to be anyway...?)

ich hab dir 'ne einladung zu den german spinners auf ravelry geschickt ;o)

(I sent you an invitation for the the German Spinners group on ravelry.)

welcome to the twisted side of life :D

Susanne hat gesagt…

Sieh mal einer an.

Dein Garn sieht ganz hervorragend aus, vor allem für den Anfang.

(Und ich hatte auch irgendwie im Kopf, dass du nicht spinnen wolltest. Sitze hier und grinse vor mich hin. Freu mich.)

Bobbi hat gesagt…

maybe...someday...I might learn to spin. ;-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Das sieht doch klasse aus, ich glaub, ich hab mit dem selben Kammzug angefangen...:-)

LG Juliane

KayB hat gesagt…

oh... pure envy on my part :( ... what a beauty! If you decide to keep it, I hope you spend many happy hours with it.

nagano hat gesagt…

oooooooooooooooooooooh ein spinnrad :)

cool! spinnen macht süchtig...