Sonntag, Februar 21, 2010

one with sewing content

Hi everybody,

my energy is starting to come back and I need to sew up a bit more of my stash, since I will be sharing my hobby room soon with my husband. So I finished 2 shirts for my friends little daughter Charlotte:

ottobre hippie-shirt

Here's my review (cross posting on PR!)
Pattern Description: "Hippie-shirt" for babies with long bell sleeves, a neck opening with a slit and 2 slits on the side.

Pattern Sizing: 62-92 European, I made a size 68.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? A lot. I changed the neckline a bit, so that the shirt has 2 buttons on the shoulderseams to make dressing/undressing easier for the mum.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I admit, I did not look at them. This is a very straightforward pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It is cute and pretty easy!

Fabric Used: Cotton jersey with a sweatshirtlike wrong side.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I drafted new facings for the neckline since I lenghtened the pieces at the shoulderseam, so that instead of having a shoulder seam, the shirt opens at both sides too. There will be snaps soon on the shoulder seam. I did not make the neck-slit so low (no need since the shirt has openable ;) shoulders) I forgot to sew the side-vents...

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and yes. If our twins will be girls, I can see myself making more of these!

Conclusion: Great pattern!

Kommentare:

madhatter hat gesagt…

mädchen!
oh, meinen glückwunsch!

nicht, daß jungs nicht auch schnuckelig sind, aber mädchen... ooooh! :)

ich sehe viel rosa in deiner zukunft.
und PERLENBÄRCHEN!

Katharine in Brussels hat gesagt…

How cute! Now do start or get back to sewing for the twins.