Sonntag, Juli 11, 2010

Hourglass

Hi everybody,

I'm still at home and still very pregnant, "enjoying" the 30° C (86° F) :) I'm mostly lying on my bed or on the couch since I'm very massive and my back is aching like mad. The joys of a twin-pregnancy but since most of my pregnancy went so well and the 2 crumbs are doing so fine (the hospital does not expect them to be delivered until next week...), I'm not the one to complaint....

But hey, I do have something to show (no pregnancy pics ;) ) My Hourglasssocks are done! I told the twins, that they aren't allowed to come out, until these were done. My personal hourglass so to say ;)



Pattern: Hourglass from Knitty Fall 2008

Yarn: Wollmeise Twin in We're Different (Ballerina), around 106 gramms (out of my stash)

Modifications: I knitted one less pattern repeat on the leg-sections since my legs are more curvy and leaving off one pattern repeat was the easiest. They are still "high" enough. Ma gauge was a bit looser but since my feet are big"ish", that was still o.k.
The pattern is well written and I really recommend this pattern. Maybe not for people, who don't like to purl.


Also finished a while ago: Sonnenrad (sundisc), the second baby blanket



Pattern:Round Baby blanket by Genia Planck
Yarn: G-B Wolle Bamboo Touch, a superwash bamboo-wool blend (I had frayed pieces or knots in about a third of the balls, so I don't recommend the yarn), that I dyed myself. The orange colour was supposed to be red. Oh, well.... 11.5 balls, tht are 570 Gramms. (Bought for this project this year but not in my stash anymore ;) )
Modifications: Instead of just binding off I added a border from Knitting on the edge by Nicky Epstein, the first time I used that book :)

At the moment I'm swatching for another pair of socks!

Btw. if I don't reply to your emails immediately or comment on your blog: sorry, but me and the chair in front of my desk don't go along well at the moment, so computer time is limited! Sorry!

Kommentare:

alala hat gesagt…

Next week already, wow! So excited for you! Do you know yet of they're boys or girls or one of each?

Rose hat gesagt…

Hang in there, Tini! I hope that you can enjoy your rest time, as I imagine that you will be very busy after the twins arrive! :) I like the blanket --it's nice and bright!

Rose in SV

Tini hat gesagt…

Alala: Officially I have 4 weeks to go :) and the hospital told me to come back next thursday for another check up. Might take a bit longer for the kids to arrive (but my guess is not longer than 3 weeks....) We do know to sex (o.k. they made an educated guess, so chances they are right are at 80%) but we aren't telling ;) and we have identical twins, so no pair...

Summerset hat gesagt…

Good for you for hanging in so long - the babies will be healthier and stronger if you can wait a little longer. You must be ready to pop! All of the knitting is beautiful and it looks like the nursery is ready!

valerie hat gesagt…

Time is ticking down. How exciting. Take care of yourself and your precious pair, it's all that matters.
Your knitting is amazing. I could never knit anything like those socks!

Garnprinzessin hat gesagt…

Haaach, ich freue mich mit. :-)

Liebe Grüße von der

Garnprinzessin

karin hat gesagt…

Good luck with everything! Hope the weather is not too hot for you.
Take care!

Bobbi hat gesagt…

The socks are lovely! Take care of yourself and we'll be here waiting for good news about the three of you!! Good luck with everything!!

karin hat gesagt…

Congratulations! I heard the news.
No Siegfried or Roy....

mem hat gesagt…

Oh I am so excited for you . My twins are 17 years old now and it has been a wonderful experience . All the vrey best I will look forward to hearing of their safe delivery.I lasted to 36 weeks.but they were fine and EXACTLY the same weight but not identical although both boys.