Mittwoch, August 03, 2011

Patternreview: Minikrea 20000



Minikrea is a new Danish Pattern line for babies, toddler and children. I got my pattern from MariaDenmark as a birthday gift. So far I haven't found this pattern only but I bet, that Maria can get you one too if you like
Pattern Description: From the pattern (as far as I can understand it) " easy empirestyle dress with a chic pleat effect at the sleeves, the neckline and at the waist. Great fit and lots of elbowroom. This dress is cute over jeans, leggings, pantyhose or just with bare legs"

My description would me more like: Empiredress or tunic with 3 different options for sleeve length.

I made the tunic, short sleeved version.
Pattern Sizing: 6 months to 3 years (70/80 to 92/98) I made the 1 year size which is 80/86.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are o.k., not overly detailled but that was fine for me. A beginner though might have some problems esp. when it comes to sewing on the elastic at the waist. I divided mine into quarters and pinned them down, since it is a pretty short length of elastic and pretty much fabric.

Two things I found confusing: I did not quite get why there were 2 different patterns for the dress and the tunic since it is basically the same pattern and then I traced and cut out a neckline facing but as far as I could see, there were no instructions on how to use it but something like "fold over the s.a. at the neckline and stitch it down, leaving space for the elastic" but that might be just my bad Danish.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? While I think the pattern is totally cute it does not work for us since our kids still wear onesies and the neckline is just waaaay to wide (even with the elastic in it), so the onesie does show. Not a look I'm after. I guess once the kids aren't wearing something underneath (or maybe a turtleneck in winter) it would be a very cute look.

Fabric Used: Cotton eyelet. My friend gave me this top she tried to make a while ago and it was huge, so I refashioned it into the tunic for the girls


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None, except that I used the facings.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I think, I will sew it again. Maybe in a tad heavier fabric for autumn to wear over a turtleneck or I would try to raise the neckline. I gave this one to friends. I do recommend the pattern.

Conclusion: Cute pattern, just not o.k. for us NOW. When they are older I can see them wearing tons of cute dresses and tunics made from this pattern.

And here is E. modelling the tunic

Kommentare:

Valerie hat gesagt…

Very cute!

Katharine hat gesagt…

Happy belated birthday!
E looks so cute! You are very brave to have made it in white :D What a cute new pattern line.