Sonntag, November 06, 2011

Twinnneedle Episode 4: No bunny for me

First: Thank you BJ for your awesome comment on my last post. I'm always happy to learn more about life in different countries and to improve my spelling!! And thanks to all, who joined the ravelry group or left a comment here. It's much appreciated!

So, on to show Nr. 4

You can find the show here at podbean or via itunes

Knitting

I finished my Hitchhiker by Martina Behm out of some of my handspun (the roving came from Spinning Martha and was a gift from Madhatter)

The Eiki-Shawl by Janel Laidman hasn't been knit on and I think about frogging and re-starting it, just using Wollmeise.

New on the needles is a project for a swap using HipKnits Cashmere Sock yarn (discontinued) and a yarn by Phildar called Nanette. Unfortunately it seems, that I'm allergic to Angora :( and I'm going the give away the remaining yarn in the RAK in Europe group on ravelry, once I've finished the project.

I'm also swatching for an afghan...

Sewing

Very little sewing got done but I do make progress on my skirt, that I've talked about in the last 3!! episodes...

And Karrie from the KnitPurlGurl podcast and I are hosting a sew-along at the KnitPurlGurl group on ravelry. We are going to make box-bags for knitting bags. Come and join us!

Spinning

I've plied up 2 more skeins (by now 4!) of the never ending gray Merino and I've swatched again for the Vine Yoke Cardigan

Life in Germany

I talk about the difference between Northern and Southern German states when it comes to public holdidays and why there is a difference and about Northern Germany and the church in general

Made in Germany

I introduce Frau WO aus PO and her shop. I bought some Glitzie from her, that is yummy and sparkly. Mine looks like the top picture on the ravelry page ;)

ChitChat

I forgot that segment :) although I did mention something, that I want to tell you and then I don't but it was a small rant and I can rant in the next episode

Twin Talk

I blather for a couple of minutes on how to calm down babies, swaddling and pacifiers :)


Don't forget to enter the podcast contest! Just leave a comment to win two patterns from Shoponion.com!!!

Kommentare:

MariaDenmark hat gesagt…

Hey sweetie - great episode!
It was indeed me, who told you about The Great Prayer Day,which is a Danish holiday that takes places the 4th Friday after easter, to combine all the minor prayerdays.
I found a link in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Store_Bededag

Lisaknits hat gesagt…

I enjoy your podcast. You have a nice variety of topics.
We also like to eat kale. We like in Tennessee in the USA.I like to cook it with a little garlic but not until it is mush! Usually now meat is involved. For lunch I like to eat kale with brown rice, a boiled egg and plenty of salt and pepper.
I would like to try to win a pattern!
Thanks...Lisa