Samstag, Dezember 28, 2013

Understitiching rocks

Hi folks,

happy belated christmas. Sorry. I really had planned to make a whole series on the girls dresses and then the kids got ill, then me, then the kids and then it was christmas.
I managed to finish the dresses on the 22nd of December. I did not take pictures of all the steps, just the step I made after the last entry.

I decided to understitch the whole shebang around the armholes and the neckline, that means (as far as I got it) that you press the seams open as much as possible and then flip the s.a. towards the facing (both s.a.) and sew them together from the top. That is what I did.
Then I cut off the s.a. close to the seam and voila:
Beautiful neckline. No peaking out of the facing without the need to topstitch. I'm very pleased!


Keine Kommentare: