Sonntag, Februar 09, 2014

Review: MariaDenmark Day to night shirt

Maria Denmark Day to Night top


This is actually the third thing I sewed this year but I have to take pictures of the other two (or better: wait for Maria to get better. Send her good thoughts to get well soon)


Pattern Description: From Marias Homepage
"This sleeveless top has a drape front neckline which drapes elegantly at the front, making this top perfect for a dinner out or for clubbing all night long! "
I added the sleeves from the Birgitte Basic Tee also from Maria Denmark

Pattern Sizing: XS to 3XL. I made a size S without an FBA but I think I might need a small FBA

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, with added sleeves of course

Were the instructions easy to follow? Really easy to follow, tons of tips in the instructions

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? With the added sleeves the dressy shirt becomes appropriate for work

Fabric Used: Some cheap wool jersey I bought at a sale. Not the best quality but I will make more shirts out of better fabric!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Added sleeves as per recommendation by Maria

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and yes

Conclusion:
Great pattern that fits me very well and that I will make over and over again

1 Kommentar:

Frau Vau hat gesagt…

Ui, das ist aber ein schickes Shirt - gefällt mir!
Wobei der Ausschnitt schon Richtung "heiß" geht... Wie ist das im Alltag? Tatsächlich bürotauglich? Oder doch einen Tick zu freizügig?

Auf alle Fälle: Sieht richtig gut aus, das würde mir gefallen. Muß ja nicht für's Büro sein ;)