Sonntag, März 23, 2014

Patternreview: Ottobre 02/2005 girls "safari" pinafore dress




Pattern Description: Girls pinafore dress with adjustable shoulder straps and front pockets, that feature a pocket flap.

Pattern Sizing: 92-140cm. I made a size 98, since a friend had traced it for her daughter and said it was generous. Normally the twins are wearing a size 98/104, lengthwise they need a size 110 though

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much, I forgot to add the strips to the pocket, since my friend still has my magazine and I wanted to start right away

Were the instructions easy to follow? I have no idea, since I did not use the pattern. I don't think, that they were more than sparse. European magazines think, that you know how to sew, when you start using the patterns, I guess. I don't think, that they feature techniques like understitching though.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Depsite using a smaller size, it's waaaaaay to wide on my skinny girls. I think, that the older ottobres are too generous in general. Maybe the Finnish kids are not as skinny as my daughters.

I think, it's a very cute style though and I already got the order from the second twin to make her one too!

Fabric Used:
Mystery cotton blend from stash. It's a bit stretchy

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I added a cm to the hem. I should have taken in the sideseams and added more length though. I guess it's o.k. though for a 3.5 year old to wear with leggings

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and yes, just be careful to measure the child though and the pattern....

Conclusion: Cute dress, I will make another one soon.

Kommentare:

Frau Vau hat gesagt…

Ach, die zwei wachsen schon noch rein in das Kleid! :)
Lieber zu groß als zu klein...

Süßes Kleid und noch süßeres Model! :)

Isabelle hat gesagt…

Super cute dress - and even cuter kid :)