So, my next weekly update!
These jackets are the reason I'm featuring 10% more gray hair than at the beginning of the year. I swear!
I feel like a Rookie sewing something lined for the first time EVER.
After the pocket incident one should think, that I got that make your pattern if the pattern has a facing down. Obviously not.
The facing is part of the front pieces, so it is cut on. Of course I just folded the facing under and used the remaining pattern as my lining pattern. Oh stupidity!
When I figured out, I had the lining finished (with the sleeves attached and everything). So to make up for it, I had to rip out the shoulder seam thus rip out one sleeve. After that I just ripped out part of the lining, cut off the access, sewed the lining to the facing piece and sewed a wonky shoulder seam with a little hole in it.
AND I also forgot the opening for turning the whole shebang inside out, after bagging the lining. Well, the next one should be better.
At least one of the jackets is nearly done and M. tried her jacket on today. I'm so happy, that I lengthened the jacket (I did not make the coat but view A) by 5 cm.