Mittwoch, Mai 13, 2015

Done!

I'm done and here's my review





Pattern Description: Kids jacket or coat, with or without hood or a Peter Pan style collar. The hood and the pockets are lined, the jacket/coat is unlined.

I made the jacket with the hood.

Pattern Sizing: 92 - 116 cm (European). I made a size 116 length jacket but thought it was very short, so I lengthend the pattern by 5 cm and could easily have added a couple of more cm since my daughters have long torsos. I cut everything a size 110width wise. Per chart I could have used a size 98 width for my skinnier twin daughter but that was too much of a hassle and I guess a size 110 was a good choice.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Pretty much. I did add the pockets to the jacket, since I did lengthen it and a jacket without pockets is not an option for my kids. Where else would they put all the things they find during the day?

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The pattern is well drafted and written. Stupid me, had more problems than neccessary. But that was my fault. I haven't sewn anything more involved in ages. Like a completely lined jacket (I decided to line the whole jacket).
The only thing I did not like was that it is short and the sleeves also run kind of short. I guess it will be o.k. with short sleeved t-shirts but with long sleeved shirts or dresses it does look too short in the sleeves.

Fabric Used: Woven cotton from stash (bought 2011!) and a rayon lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
1. Lengthening the jackets
2. Line everything
3. Add pockets.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Since I made the biggest size and it's already too short, I guess I won't be making it again any time soon but I woul

Conclusion:
The kids are happy and I think they are very cute in their new jackets.



Kommentare:

omly hat gesagt…

They came out great!

Julimond hat gesagt…

Deine beiden süßen Mädels sehen toll aus in ihrem neuen Outfit, liebe Tini. Die Jacken sind dir wirklich toll gelungen, auch wenn du zwischendurch scheinbar ein wenig verzweifelt bist.
Es hat sich gelohnt.

Ganz liebe Grüße in den hohen Norden.

Iris