Samstag, April 16, 2016

Using up the older stash

Recently a fellow knitter on ravelry put up some fabric for sale and me beeing me, I just couldn't resist buying from her.
The fabric is on the way and somehow that urged me to use up older stash. I made 2 shirts for me using the Kirsten Kimono Tee but I haven't taken pictures of that (or of my new dress).
I got a remote control for my camera for my birthday, but I need to figure out how to use it.

My husband is more the point and shoot type of guy, when it comes to taking pictures and my own standards of how pictures SHOULD like isn't met by his way of taking pictures. So I will play with the remote control soon and will show you my new projects.

I can show you a shirt I made for the twins though. Using fabric they chose at the beginning of 2015. It's definitely not my taste but it was great for trying this new to me pattern (although I had it in the pattern stash for ages as well)


 Pattern: Jenny by Farbenmix

My current knitting project (one of three I have to admit) is a mash up from two patterns.
The sweater is "Blank canvas" by Ysolda Teague and the stripe pattern is from "Elfe" by Astrid Schramm. Both patterns are available thru ravelry.

I'm using a yarn by Schachenmayr called Extra Merino, that I bought at a storehouse sale in 2014, so that counts as older stash as well.

The pattern is straight forward and what you can see in the pictures was knitted within 2 weeks, so it's a fast knit, even in a DK weight yarn.

Keine Kommentare: